cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can’t watch recordings

Sushi100
On our wavelength

We also upgraded to 360 fairly recently & have never been able to watch recordings on the mini box. Very disappointing. Is there any update on this "unknown software fault" yet?

15 REPLIES 15

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Sushi100,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Sorry you are experiencing the same issue.

Are you referring to a main 360 box or a mini box?

Gareth_L

Sushi100
On our wavelength

No problem watching anything on the main 360 box, but we just get an error message when we try to use the mini box. Something like it can't connect to the main box, even when that box is on.

Thanks for coming back to us @Sushi100, can you please confirm what diagnostics you've ran on the main set top box and the mini box?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Sushi100
On our wavelength

Thanks for responding David. All we have done is to close down everything & re-boot. Should we be trying something else?

Morning @Sushi100

Thanks for coming back to the thread. 

Is the Mini box connected via Ethernet or wirelessly please?

When you try to play the recordings, what happens, any error messages?

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Sushi100
On our wavelength

Hello John.

The mini box has a white what looks to be co-axial cable coming from it, but if it is connected separately to the hub, then this must be by Wifi because there is no ethernet cable, however it is in the same room as the hub, so there is no issue with connection. The error message that comes up is "Oops, we couldn't connect to Virgin TV1. Please try again"

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sushi100 wrote:

if it is connected separately to the hub, then this must be by Wifi because there is no ethernet cable, however it is in the same room as the hub, so there is no issue with connection.

That's a leap of judgement there, it's entirely possible that the wireless connection could be the issue.

What does the network diagnostics screen on the TV360-mini report for the wireless quality?

In addition, the reference to "Virgin TV1" in the error message makes me suspect this is being generated by your TV rather than the VM box. Can you take a photo of this error and post it to this thread?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sushi100
On our wavelength

Thanks John. We ran the diagnostics & it says it's connected to our Virgin Media Wifi @ signal strength 100%LdfXv6mE.jpegvd9seNLA.jpegYi6p0gdQ.jpeg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Sushi100 

I'm not sure if this makes any difference, but in your diagnostic screenshot you only show one green tick, the others are white.

On my 360 boxes all the ticks are green.

Also, if I scroll down below the ip addresses there is another screen which shows the connection speed with green ticks against Live TV (HD)  Watch all (HD) and Watch all (UHD)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali