cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bring back UNDELETE

SimplyMe
Tuning in

I have been with Virgin for 25 years     from the days it was Telewest then Blueyondner and then to Virgin... and I have just upgraded to the volt package and wish I hadn't. There are some good bits but there are a few that are awful  for eg.  I saw some programmes in saved and asked my husband if there was anything he wanted to keep and he didn't so I deleted them and today my son has come down and said that I deleted his stuff and I have no way of getting it back.. I  don't like that I can see his saved stuff   I shouldn't be able to.  And to top it all, I can't get them back. Also  some of the icons on the tv guide are so small  I can't see the name of the channel unless I get up and stand directly in front of the tv. I did call Virgin and ask if there was anyway to enlarge icons without actually enlarging the programmes which is ridiculously large ( has anyone tried ) ..   its awful . The guy on the phone suggested I get some glasses. I asked if I could go back to what I had before and he said I couldn't change back to old TV Box because they don't do it any more.  Which is strange because when taking out the upgraded package I was told I had 14 days to change my mind but he said if I didn't like it then the only thing I could do is leave Virgin.   Seems to me instead of trying to sort out what people don't like it's a case of like it or lump it.  He was totally unhelpful and  couldn't help me with much as he said he didn't use it himself. But yes bring back undelete and make some of the very small icons in the tv guide just a little bit bigger. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SimplyMe wrote:
and I have just upgraded to the volt package and wish I hadn't.

From the reads of your post, you're getting two things confused.. I've also moved your post to a new thread - the one you'd added to was almost a year old.

1: A package change - the price you pay for the bundle of services you receive. This includes your broadband speed, TV pack, phone allowances etc.

2: The software your TV box runs on - it sounds like you've moved from TiVo/V6 > 360.

Element 1 does indeed come with a 14-day cooling off period, but is not the bit you're talking about.

Element 2 is the irreversible bit - TV360 is completely different software to TiVo/V6 and the differences are very well documented on here. Just as well documented is the fact that a (voluntary) decision to convert your STB software is irreversible.

Although many people do elements 1 & 2 at the same time, they are completely separate and can be done independently of each other.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SimplyMe wrote:
and I have just upgraded to the volt package and wish I hadn't.

From the reads of your post, you're getting two things confused.. I've also moved your post to a new thread - the one you'd added to was almost a year old.

1: A package change - the price you pay for the bundle of services you receive. This includes your broadband speed, TV pack, phone allowances etc.

2: The software your TV box runs on - it sounds like you've moved from TiVo/V6 > 360.

Element 1 does indeed come with a 14-day cooling off period, but is not the bit you're talking about.

Element 2 is the irreversible bit - TV360 is completely different software to TiVo/V6 and the differences are very well documented on here. Just as well documented is the fact that a (voluntary) decision to convert your STB software is irreversible.

Although many people do elements 1 & 2 at the same time, they are completely separate and can be done independently of each other.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi SimplyMe,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Reading through your post we appreciate the points made about the package and the new 360 service which you have recently upgraded to.

It's disappointing that you're not happy about some of the features available, unfortunately we are unable to change these, however your feedback is very welcome.

As our valued member @japitts has advised, your package and equipment are two seperate entities. You do have the right to change your mind on your package if you feel this is not what you signed up for, however, with the equipment you will not be able to revert back once you have upgrade to the new 360 service. 

We always welcome customer feedback and appreciate your points of view.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thank you for the welcome and your reply.  I wish this had all been explained to me before I made a decision to go ahead with it. The person on the phone who contacted me about upgrading to the volt package should never have told me I had 14 days to change my mind or explained there was a part of the package this would not be applicable to.  I much preferred the V6 box but I am getting used to the 360 a bit more but I still find not having an undelete irritating as well as some of the channel icons in the TV Guide being way too small to read comfortably from the sofa. Also, I have no idea how much storage I have now for recordings. 

Anyway, thank you once again for your reply.

kind regards

SimplyMe

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SimplyMe wrote:

I have no idea how much storage I have now for recordings. 

Hi @SimplyMe 

To see how much HDD space has been used. Press Home > Saved > Recordings > See all. There is a percentage indicator in the top left hand corner.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Jodi, thanks for your message. Virgin sent out an engineer today who went through the box with me. He was very good. Although most of it I had managed to suss out anyway. I did show him the Guide once I had gone to settings and changed it to enlarge it. It is ridiculously large. I have some issues with the interface but I have to accept this is what I have now though and will have to get used to it.
What I couldn't accept was how rude one of the customer advisers was to me when I called the day after the upgrade. I had decided to just let it go but then found I couldn't and I have since spoken to Virgin about it. So now time to move on. But thanks to everyone for the help.
Kind regards
SimplyMe

Hi  

Thank you for the message. That was really helpful   

kind regards

SimplyMe    🙂