cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Box not playing recordings

Debbied30
Dialled in

I with you there, but a sledge hammer is too good for this system.

I mean I’ve recorded progs on the main living room box, but it won’t play them, unless my daughter’s box downstairs is switched on! I mean who’s in charge here fgs? 

11 REPLIES 11

Debbied30
Dialled in

Why though? 

@Debbied30 wrote:

Why though? 

Why though to what ?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TV360 natively, doesn't have multiple hard drives. So only the master box actually records - all the miniboxes stream recordings from the master.

You should set Active Start or Quick Start for multi-room facilities to best work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Why does the master box, need the second box to be on to play what’s recorded! 

So could it be that the second box is not set to fast start? 

Thing here is, it’s only just started doing it and I we’ve had this system for over 6 months! 

@Debbied30 wrote:

Why does the master box, need the second box to be on to play what’s recorded! 

The box that is normally referred to as the 'main box' or 'master box' is the 360 box with the hard drive in it, (twice the height of the mini box), the secondary box is the mini box which has no hard drive in it, all recordings whether set on the main box or mini box are recorded on the main box which is why it needs to be set to fast start or active start so if it's in standby mode the mini box can connect and you can watch a recording on the mini box or set a programme to record, or even pausing for longer than 4 minutes on the mini box you need to press record because it can't buffer for longer than that.

If the main box is set to Eco start the mini box can't connect because it see's the main box as being powered off.

Hi Debbied30,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your 360 mini box looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

So I understand you're having issues playing recordings on the 360 mini box, could you describe what happens when you try to play them please? Are there any error messages or codes? 

How is your Mini box connected to the internet?

I would really like to do some health checks on your boxes via my system, could you turn your mini TV box on so I can do this please? 

Thanks 🙂

Megan_L

Hi Megan, 

Since we changed over to 360 it’s been fine. last month or so, it suddenly doesn’t recognise our ‘master’ box in the living room and insists that our 2nd box (in my daughter’s room) be on as well, this to record or watch recordings. Why should I have it on, if there’s no-one in the room! 

Two programs I taped on Saturday Strictly & the Voice both failed due to a power failure??? We had no power cut here, the box didn’t go off at those times? 

Also if we select a recording to watch, it lags before it comes on, with a red circle? 

I used to have 2 or Wifi boosters, but one exploded in the plug, so I chucked them. I understand with the contract I have, I am entitled to these new Wifi pod things, but cannot find a link for, maybe that’s not helping. 

If you can check it out for us, that will be great!

@Debbied30 wrote:

I used to have 2 or Wifi boosters, but one exploded in the plug, so I chucked them. I understand with the contract I have, I am entitled to these new Wifi pod things, but cannot find a link for, maybe that’s not helping. 

If you can check it out for us, that will be great!

If you use the connect app you should be able to order through the app if your wifi fails the tests.

Below is from this Page 

How do I order a mesh WiFi Pod on the Virgin Media Connect app?

If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room, you can order your first mesh WiFi Pod on the connect app.

Using our home scan feature, you can see how well your WiFi’s working around your home. It’ll guide you from room to room to carry out WiFi speed tests.

If the home scan finds a potential signal-less spot, it’ll test our broadband speed to your Hub to make sure there isn’t a problem with your network. If everything’s okay with your Hub, the app will take you through to order a mesh WiFi Pod to help deal with the situation.

If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third one by logging into your My Virgin Media account, clicking on "your package", and following the directions on the WiFi Max modal. Alternatively you can use one of our accessible contact options here.

Monthly charges may apply when ordering a mesh WiFi Pod. Visit www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max to find out more.