cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Auto Play next episode

Phaedeau
Joining in

I set my Virgin 360 to automatically add 15 minutes to the end of each recording but it STILL prompts to automatically play the next episode before the previous one has finished playing. Someone has programmed it to be clever - but it isn’t working. 
a) it should work properly based on the actual end of the programme, if it is able to work that out

b) users should be able to turn it off completely 

c) if it is turned on then users should be able to control how long the message stays on screen before automatically playing the next episode - which could be to “never” play it automatically. 
d) the default should be to “no” and not “yes” 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thrice
Superfast

I have posted a complaint about this before. The preemptive 'play next episode' and 'delete this recording' pop-up boxes are indeed annoying. I just hope someone at Virgin Media is taking notes and this will be fixed in a future update. Even the option to turn the warning off would be welcome but not as good as fixing the early arrival of these boxes. They would be useful if they arrived at the end rather than before the final few minutes of a recording.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Rufus57
Up to speed

Although this thread says the question has been answered I am not sure it has. Not sure if it is related to this issue but I was getting annoyed by a pop up asking me if I wanted to  delete a recording while I was still watching it. Managed to get rid of it by going into the Virgin TV  Go app, settings, recordings and disabling "ask to delete after watching". 

roy247
Community elder

You don't need to use the TVGO app the "keep or delete" option can be turned off if you go to your saved recordings and select manage storage, put your pin number in and it's the first option you get.

@Rufus57 while the delete recording message coming up too soon is also irritating that can at least be turned off. This (unsolved) thread is about automatically playing the next episode of a series before the one you are watching has finished. 

thrice
Superfast

I have posted a complaint about this before. The preemptive 'play next episode' and 'delete this recording' pop-up boxes are indeed annoying. I just hope someone at Virgin Media is taking notes and this will be fixed in a future update. Even the option to turn the warning off would be welcome but not as good as fixing the early arrival of these boxes. They would be useful if they arrived at the end rather than before the final few minutes of a recording.