cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to force a software update? And also I’d be really interested in knowing where to find release notes too. 
So far the only updates I’ve noticed occur have been totally by chance, as and when one of my boxes decides, somehow, to get it. They also don’t seem to update at the same time either. Sometimes it can a a couple of days or more. 

cheers 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Anonymous 

VM push the software updates in phases, mine is generally around 3 weeks after other customers receive their new version.

We can't force an update until it's actually been pushed to the boxes.

After it's been pushed to the boxes it is stored in memory. I'm not sure if it lies there dormant on a timer, and automatically updates after a set time like the original 360 installation which will install after 5 days if the customer doesn't press the upgrade button.

What I have noticed though is  I can reboot say the downstairs 360 and it doesn't update, yet I can reboot the bedroom box and it updates.

Sometimes both boxes don't update to a new version by rebooting, but if I perform a factory reset (keeping recordings) the box will then update (providing the new version has already been pushed out to my local area)

VM don't tend to publish release notes for the software updates, unless there's been major changes as in the latest version (4.41) whereby a blog post was created to show the changes

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/360-Update-What-Has-Changed/ba-p/5076140 

You can always keep up to date with overall customer affecting changes by looking at the  Digital-life blog pages 

Also, for VMO2 press releases look at https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Anonymous 

VM push the software updates in phases, mine is generally around 3 weeks after other customers receive their new version.

We can't force an update until it's actually been pushed to the boxes.

After it's been pushed to the boxes it is stored in memory. I'm not sure if it lies there dormant on a timer, and automatically updates after a set time like the original 360 installation which will install after 5 days if the customer doesn't press the upgrade button.

What I have noticed though is  I can reboot say the downstairs 360 and it doesn't update, yet I can reboot the bedroom box and it updates.

Sometimes both boxes don't update to a new version by rebooting, but if I perform a factory reset (keeping recordings) the box will then update (providing the new version has already been pushed out to my local area)

VM don't tend to publish release notes for the software updates, unless there's been major changes as in the latest version (4.41) whereby a blog post was created to show the changes

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/360-Update-What-Has-Changed/ba-p/5076140 

You can always keep up to date with overall customer affecting changes by looking at the  Digital-life blog pages 

Also, for VMO2 press releases look at https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dave, that’s brilliant. Many thanks. 

Rich