cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Annoying message on screen on TV360

Conway1957
Joining in

I get this message every 5 to 10 minutes on the TV screen. I also have a box connected to a projector - no message appears. On the TV it comes up on the top right of the screen and stays there for 5 to 10 seconds. Repeats twice then goes away again for 5 minutes - it never stops while the TV is on. I have called Virgin Technical support but they just reset the box which didn't change a thing, but got me off the phone. This seems like a software glitch to me with the 360 box sending messages to the screen and no way of stopping it in settings. In my case the message reads "You can now use your Virgin TV remote to control this Virgin TV box, and change the volume and power off your ToshibaTV." It's not very good is it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mrdoodaa
On our wavelength

@conway 1957

the good news is Virgin have told me they know of the issue and are working on a fix.

I was always convinced it is a software issue and it appears so. Once its sorted I'll come back to update thread. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

mrdoodaa
On our wavelength

reviving this thread,  im getting the same message now for some reason however i have matching sony tv and soundbar. message is telling me i can control  my sony tv and 360 box with the 360 remote. well yes i know i can because i always have and more to the point i still can! ive tried re pairing and resetting remote. unplugging the box etc. nothing works.

as ive previously for 6 months used this set up with no issue i can only suggest its an update issue or a box fault. 

anyone help? 

[MOD EDIT:  Split to create own thread]

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @mrdoodaa

Welcome back to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that have had some issue with your services. 

Have you tried the work around that others have suggested on this thread? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

mrdoodaa
On our wavelength

Hi Zac

we chatted before, thanks for reply.

i see the thread has now been split by Lisa for some reason... which has now taken my post completely out of context as no one knows what it relates to so will have to go through it again. thanks.

so i get an annoying message on screen poping up every few minutes or even seconds. ive never had a problem before.

"you can now use your virgin remote to control your sony tv..."

well i know i can, as it does and always has. ive tried rebooting the box and re pairing the remote several times but does not remove annoying message. But i reaalised it now also keeps dropping the pairing to the sound bar. unlike the the OP in the original thread i have matching sony tv and sound bar, always have. so the issue is not running differing kit. hence me not trying his remedy as although he had the same issue it was a different cause.

However

since my first post (in the other thread) i managed to finally get the online service checker to work which said there is a problem with the 360box. i managed to get into chat and after an hour it was decided i need an engineer vist so im assuming the box is faulty as i suspected. no doubt they will change the box.

mrdoodaa
On our wavelength
* sorry got your name wrong Zak.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mrdoodaa,

Thank you for re-raising your issue and I do apologise for any inconvenience created.

I can see from your account that you recently had a technician visit, has that resolved all issues you've had? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kain

mrdoodaa
On our wavelength

Hi kain

yes engineer did visit. he did multiple system checks of box which revealed some issues with both box and remote. he replaced both which cured other problems but not the screen message! however the message now appears far less frequently which is odd, but still annoying. The only realistic explanation (as was mentioned on the other thread) is that a software update has made pairing incompatible with previously compatible equipment.

This is something which needs to be addressed as replacing expensive TVs to satisfy a virgin box isnt an option. 

Hi @mrdoodaa,

Thank you for the update. I'm very sorry to hear that this issue appears to be ongoing for you.

Would you mind confirming what error message is appearing? Are you able to take a provide a photo for us?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

mrdoodaa
On our wavelength

hi Zach.

so this is really annoying. watched a 2hr film never saw the message once. however like tonight it can pop up every few minutes and sometimes 2 or 3 times in quick succession. always same message. imo its a Virgin box software issue. As others have had the same issue, message appears for no reason. if ots not sorted I doubt people will be to pleased they have to buy a new TV just to get virgin without screen prompts. 

20211222_203923.jpg

Hi mrdoodaa ,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for the update, are you still receiving the above message, have you been able to have a look at our Remote Control Support here?

Regards

Paul.