cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 360 upgrade

Mike2479
On our wavelength

There’s also an issue with my Samsung sound bar being disconnected every time you switch the tv on. It defaults to tv speaker every time. Never had this problem with the V6. Connected via HDMI arc. Any similar issue or solutions ? 

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Mike2479 

If you are using a sound bar try connecting the 360 to a TV HDMI port without ARC. If you are connected to a HDMI ARC connector on the TV try connecting to a non ARC HDMI connector, using ARC has been a problem for some people. Also if you are using  fibre optic straight from the 360 to your sound bar then set Dolby to Follow Content.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Luke9
On our wavelength

Yes this is a very common issue, numerous posts around the forum mentioning this.

Virgin will tell you it's a 3rd party issue but in every instance if you remove the 360 box there is no issue.

Try changing the sound settings on your box,TV and soundbar and see if this helps, sometimes restarting individual parts of your setup can restore the sound. Personally for me aslong as the 360 box is out of standby before the TV switches on it's okay, but not in that order I lose sound to the soundbar. But there is no single solution for this, just a case of finding something that works for your setup and then report the issue to VM and hope they start investigating the issue rather than sloppy shoulders 

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mike2479,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the 360 box and your sound bar. I can see you've also made one post here and also another post here regarding these issues, with some advice and tips offered there as well as on this thread too.

If these don't help, as it's third party equipment it would also be worth contacting the manufacturer of the sound bar to see if they can offer any support.

Let us know how you get on and please stick to one thread going forward to avoid multiple conversations, repeated advice, and to help minimise any confusion.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I sometimes have the same trouble with my Polk soundbar. I never leave my TV in standby unless it's for 30 minutes or less, always power down (courtesy of Alexa and a Smart plug). When I power up, leaving it for a minute in standby before I turn it on helps as the soundbar takes longer to warm up than the TV. If it has defaulted to TV sound I try the following: (1) Change source to sound bar (if successful picture comes back on and sound is now from soundbar) (2) If that fails, turn off sound bar then turn it back on. (3) If that fails disconnect sound bar by pulling out the power supply at the rear, wait 10 secs, then plug back in. If that fails too I go down the pub instead.