cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 360 buffering

Davjacs
Joining in

Afternoon 

I have the same issue with programs buffering. Two calls to help centre and two hours later - when told there is no problem- there is still a problem 

It looks and sound like a hard drive issue after researching on the web and on here

how do I bypass the call centre to get a replacement 360 box?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Davjacs

Just to let you know - I have run through some remote checks on your box and everything is looking healthy from our end of things, there are currently no issues showing.

Have you tried rebooting your TV box recently to see if this improves things?

Best wishes,

Serena

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for letting me know @Davjacs

Does the issue happen on every recording or only on certain ones?

Best wishes,

Serena

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Davjacs 

Firstly, rather than add "me too" to someone elses post, it's much better to start your own. I've done it for you now - rant over!

Righto then - what's the issue with your 360, what makes you think it's a fault?

In terms of your second question - VM staff respond to posts on here, but it's not a real-time service. It's primarily a community forum where the first responders are other users, and anyone wanting to help you needs to know details of your issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Davjacs

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the TV box issue. Is this happening with Live TV or recorded programs please? 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello,

it only happens with programme recorded to the box. It happens intermittently. The programme will freeze for a few seconds then resume. At other times when freezing it with skip the few seconds that it froze so you miss a few seconds of the show.

streamed programmes are unaffected, the play perfectly 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you watching the recording on the main box or the mini?

Remember the mini doesn't have a hard drive, it streams from the master. If you're watching on the master, it's only the HDD involved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It is the main box that I am watching it on

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So to clarify your issue thus far...

You don't have any problems with live TV - you've not mentioned anything so I'm assuming.

Programmes that you've recorded are problematic on the main box? Buffering isn't a symptom I'd expect from HDD issues, but anyhow.

Can you try watching a programme live, then press pause for perhaps 30 seconds. Now watch that programme "delayed" - it's effectively a recording.

Hello,

it doesn’t do this when I’ve paused and played back a programme. Only the odd time when recording a full hour. It’s as if a bad sector on the HDD is been used, creating the error.

but if it’s not the HDD, l will just have to live with it 

Hi Davjacs

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I've attempted to do a diagnostic in the background but not been able to connect to the boxes. Are they switched off?

Also, is this happening on the main box or the mini box, or both?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Afternoon 

the box is on now and will be all evening 

It only happens on the main box