cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 360 box disconnects from internet or Virgin Servers maybe?

archercj
Fibre optic

One of my two 360 boxes has started doing this recently. I get either a red or white chain indicator. A reboot often fixes it. Biggest issue is that it is the box the wife uses lol. And when it goes down in the middle of her watching a soap there is all hell let loose.

I have had the box connected via a homeplug for around 2 years now and it has been rock solid. it's just started  to happen (the other devices on homeplugs are not affected).

4 REPLIES 4

John619
Joining in

@archercj wrote:

One of my two 360 boxes has started doing this recently. I get either a red or white chain indicator. A reboot often fixes it. Biggest issue is that it is the box the wife uses lol. And when it goes down in the middle of her watching a soap there is all hell let loose.

I have had the box connected via a homeplug for around 2 years now and it has been rock solid. it's just started  to happen (the other devices on homeplugs are not affected).  www.MyAARPMedicare.com

The reboot fixes it for a couple of days. Then the problem returns. It's odd that whilst the problem occurs things like iplayer are logged out. Then after a reboot they are logged back on without me having to do anything. Also when the problem occurs o loose the icons for tv channels in the mini guide at the bottom of the screen. They just show text.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Archercj,

Thank you for your post 🙂 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your 360 boxes, have you tried using the box without the home plug?

I have tried to look at your box on our systems but it advises the box is unreachable please ensure it is switched on and we can run a few tests on our end.

Zoie 

Thanks Zoie. I have switched the problem box on (I have two boxes but the other one is ok and isn't switched on).

Hi archercj,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community and for the above information, it looks like both boxes are switched off again, the only problem doing this is when we send updates the boxes don't get them, best to have them in standby on active start, you can find further 360 help and support here,

Regards

Paul.