cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 360 and sonos beam out of sync

danbell221
Tuning in

Is there a resolution for this yet, other than turning Dolby Atmos off? Just had my Virgin package installed, with 360, and gutted to see the audio is all out of sync!

17 REPLIES 17

Seand03
Joining in

has anyone got this working without turning atmos off? 

ashscrivens1
Dialled in

The sound sync issues are driving me mad. It’s been a year since I’ve had 360 hoping it would be fixed in a software update but it’s still an issue.

Having a search on this forum it seems it’s a major issue that virgin don’t seem to want to actually raise further just doing pointless tests and blaming user equipment.

All other devices I have don’t have the issue only virgin that I have to keep Dolby switched off but why should I? I didn’t spend over £800 on a sonos system to not get Dolby.

it’s a shame because I actually think 360 is becoming a great device but my contracts up soon and I think it’s time to give up.

Hi @ashscrivens1 thanks for your post.

I understand your comments, but as things stand the sound sync issues do appear to be resolved with the Dolby switched off - as soon as there are future updates to combat this, we'll keep you posted.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Appreciate the honest response. Hopefully something happens in the next few months it’s nice to now know virgin is aware it’s an issue that needs fixing.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustration at this time.

This has been raised with the team for feedback, once we hear anything different, we'll advise further.

Thanks again,

Kain

Interestingly I have this issue but not with netflix. Follow content for everything except netflix doesn't fix the issue. Why is netflix OK and not live tv? It it to do the the fornat live tv is delivered to the box?

If you select follow content it does exactly that follows the contents output. You’ll find if a movie is on Channel 4HD broadcast in Dolby then the delay will occur because it’s Dolby broadcasts that are the issue. Most of sky movies is in Dolby also.

Something like eastenders for example will be in plain stereo so it won’t have the issue.

I'd agree but netflix doesn't suffer this problem for me in stereo, dolby or atmos. The only solution I found was to wire the 360 box directly to the soundbar.