cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 360 Updated From V6 Is Bad!

brenawilson
Tuning in

360 is AWFUL. Virgin customer support has been an incredible let down through the whole switch to this platform. I have never had problems with Virgin in 14 years as a customer but this is killing it for me. Haven't had a single session of viewing without issues on the new platform. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @brenawilson

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the issues you are experiencing with TV360. I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the platform, that is not how we want our valued customers to feel.

Can you please expand for me on what issues are occuring when you watch programs on TV 360?

Are there any error codes displayed?

I would love to help get this resolved.

Kind regards,

Serena

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So detail your issues here and you will get support.

@brenawilson 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @brenawilson

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the issues you are experiencing with TV360. I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the platform, that is not how we want our valued customers to feel.

Can you please expand for me on what issues are occuring when you watch programs on TV 360?

Are there any error codes displayed?

I would love to help get this resolved.

Kind regards,

Serena

Anonymous
Not applicable

360 is attrocious.  I can't make my mind up on what's wrong.

Either it's not ready for public use or it's trying to be everything to everyone and serving to no one.

More bugs than a blanketful.

@Anonymous wrote:

Either it's not ready for public use or it's trying to be everything to everyone and serving to no one.

I can't say I am happy with everything on 360 but just to make a vague statement doesn't highlight any problems in particular so how can anyone fix what you see as a potential bug.

@Anonymous wrote:

360 may be missing some of the V6 goodies,but it is far from being atrocious. It takes a bit of getting used to, but perseverance is the name of the game with it.

all about opinions I suppose but as far as I'm concerned it is atrocious...V6 was and still is for the lucky few a much better platform

OK, so I ordered an upgrade to 360 for boxes in 3 rooms. I received a pack with one extra box, in addition to my V6. An engineer was agreed for installation of the third box which never arrived and I have had no reply to my email regarding this. 

The new box in my bedroom is fine. In the sitting room I can't watch Netflix or Prime through the 360 platform. It's fine when I use the smart TV option. 

I now have no live TV (had it initially) on the box. The box also fails to record any of my shows and won't play back any catch-up. 

In settings it says everything is fine in terms of network but 'you're not tuned in to a live TV channel'. 

Errors on screen say 'playback is not possible'. CS2518

With Netflix and Prime I get error code cs2400. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@brenawilson wrote:

I now have no live TV (had it initially) on the box. The box also fails to record any of my shows and won't play back any catch-up. 

In settings it says everything is fine in terms of network but 'you're not tuned in to a live TV channel'. 

Your 360 has 2 connections - co-ax for live TV, and internet (via your homehub) for OnDemand & streaming. You've mentioned errors that you're getting with streaming services, but what happens with live TV? Is there an error code for that?

As for your streaming, I have a suspicion your 360 <--> hub connection needs to be proven first. You've mentioned that (I presume) the network diagnostic screen says "everything is fine", but can you clarify what you mean by that - does it literally say "everything is fine", or does it give some specific detail? If so, what is that detail? Feel free to post a picture if it helps.

The way I'm reading your post, you have one master 360 & 2 minis, and it's one of those minis that's problematic - is that right? If so, can you swap the t2o minis around, and see if the problems follow the box or stay with the location?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So is the upgraded V6 still in it's original position and connections not changed, where the new mini box is does that have coax and a network connection either by ethernet cable or wifi.

Both boxes need to be set to fast start or active start to access recordings on the mini from the main box.

Is it the main box that you don't have live TV on, if that is the case you won't be able to record anything and will need a call to Virgin. 

Are you using the Apps on the 360 to watch netflix and prime, you will need to sign in on the 360 to do this.

Both the error codes you have do say contact Virgin