cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 360 Box - all saved programmes lost

acoutts
Joining in

Same problem here, awaiting a call back from the technical team as they are blaming my internet connection which Virgin also supply. Beyond a joke what Virgin Media get away with.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Alaister

Error CS6001 doesn't show up in the VM error code list, however searching the forums reveals that it is indeed a hard drive error and you will probably need a replacement 360.

You could try a factory reset.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.
It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

With the 360 selecting Choose Keep Recordings means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again)

If that doesn't work then try the second option (Format Disk) that's the nuclear action but it sounds like you've nothing to lose since your recordings page says you have no recordings.

If both of the above don't work then you'll need a replacement 360.

Hopefully Ayisha wiolol pick this up for you next time she's online.

Otherwise don't try speaking to VM Faults again following your previous experiences with them. Instead call 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 Retentions (thinking of leaving us) 

They are generally based in the UK and do far more than cancellations. Hopefully they can assuage the experience you have endured so far.

They also have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility than the normal front line agents.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

acoutts
Joining in

I am having the same problems with my TV360 box, technical team refusing to arrange an engineer call out even though numerous people on this forum are reporting the same issue. Can anyone actually help at Virgin?

acoutts
Joining in

Same issues here but your technical team are refusing to send an engineer out, can you please help?

Was awaiting a call back from one of the technical support managers re: the ongoing issue of all recordings and series links getting deleted automatically (yes settings are all correct) 

what do I need to do to get a suitable resolution for this inferior and not fit for purpose product?

16 years with sky at an old address with no such issues to 6 months with virgin 😞

Hi @acoutts,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you have had ongoing issues with your recordings being deleted. I can appreciate that must be incredibly frustrating!

I have taken a look at our systems and we are unable to communicate with your equipment. 

Can you reboot your box and once online, let us know so we can run through some more tests for you?

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha,

I have sent you a DM

Hi Ayisha,

After being unable to play on demand / recording programs I switched it off and on (3 times) to be met with CS6001 message saying no Hard Drive can be found

i cannot make new recordings or anything 

sorry but nobody has replied here or to my DM, the money I am paying per month doesn’t justify the service I am receiving

regards

alaister 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Alaister

Error CS6001 doesn't show up in the VM error code list, however searching the forums reveals that it is indeed a hard drive error and you will probably need a replacement 360.

You could try a factory reset.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.
It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

With the 360 selecting Choose Keep Recordings means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again)

If that doesn't work then try the second option (Format Disk) that's the nuclear action but it sounds like you've nothing to lose since your recordings page says you have no recordings.

If both of the above don't work then you'll need a replacement 360.

Hopefully Ayisha wiolol pick this up for you next time she's online.

Otherwise don't try speaking to VM Faults again following your previous experiences with them. Instead call 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 Retentions (thinking of leaving us) 

They are generally based in the UK and do far more than cancellations. Hopefully they can assuage the experience you have endured so far.

They also have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility than the normal front line agents.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you Newapollo, I will give your recommendations a try 

The whole HDD issues appear to be a ticking time bomb, I have only had the box and Virgin TV service 6 months and it has never worked right but moving into a new house has made it to difficult to devote time to phoning up and low and behold when I do phone the whole has taken longer than it should and involved the customer doing the work to find a resolution.

The “wonderful” Virgin Media after sales service you read and hear so much about! 

Yes, I really hope Ayisha is able to pick this up as well other ongoing issues I have reported via my DM.

In from work this evening, now the box won’t even switch on, wouldn’t move from standby. Switched off/on at the mains and hangs on the welcome screen going on 25 mins

Looks like the next hour will be spent on the phone ☹️