cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radioline missing stations

adhiren
Dialled in

Anyone know why there are stations on the Radioline app on my phone and the Tivo V6 box that are not on the TV360 V6 box?

For instance both Virgin Radio UK and Virgin Radio Oman are accessible through the Radioline phone app and also on Tivo V6box but not through the 360 enabled software. The 360 only has Virgin Radio UK chilled which is different

Also if I try to use my voice to open the radioline app  on the remote I just get a message that says 'Sorry I can't do that' despite being able to open other apps such as CNN with no issues

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just by means of common parlance, there's no such thing as a "TV360 V6 box" - your box will either be a V6 (running TiVo software) or a 360 (running Horizon-360 software) - it won't be both!!

As for the differences between the 360 app & V6 one, I use a V6 and can get the stations you've mentioned below. I know there are occasionally some examples on the All-4 app where programmes are available on some platforms and not others - it's entirely possible the same could be true here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a V6 box (well it was supplied as a V6 box originally with TiVo software) but now with 360 software installed.

To avoid confusion between a V6 TiVo, and a fully, as supplied, 360 box I would call my box a "TV360 V6 box".

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a V6 box (well it was supplied as a V6 box originally with TiVo software) but now with 360 software installed

Indeed - so when the 360 software was installed, it stopped being a V6 and became a 360. That is the commonly accepted parlance.

There is no functional difference between a V6 that's been converted to 360, and a box that's always been a 360 - except that converted multi-room boxes retain their hard drives. They all run the same software.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

As there is a physical difference I think it useful to mark the difference with a name.

There's a V6 box, there's a 360 box, and there, definitely, is a box that was a V6 and now functionally is a 360 box. 

I think I'll call it a "TV360 V6" box rather than "V6 box that now has 360 software and is functionally the same as a 360 box but retains the hard drives from the V6 box"; it sounds more catchy.

Who knows it may catch on and become common parlance.