cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radio schedule and can radio programs be recorded?

mcskimmpa
Joining in

Is there a radio schedule and can radio programs be recorded? Available in old system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Roy's given the answer, but by means of some general advice - I presume the "old" system you refer to is the TiVo-based V6 box, which is still very much current and supported albeit no longer available to new customers.

TiVo/V6 & 360 are very different systems with pros & cons both ways, but not all TiVo-functionality is currently replicated in 360 - and the ability to record radio channels is one of them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

Hi,

The radio channels you have on a V6 guide from 901 up are not on the 360, the radio side of things is based around apps so there is no schedule or programme listings and no way of recording.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Roy's given the answer, but by means of some general advice - I presume the "old" system you refer to is the TiVo-based V6 box, which is still very much current and supported albeit no longer available to new customers.

TiVo/V6 & 360 are very different systems with pros & cons both ways, but not all TiVo-functionality is currently replicated in 360 - and the ability to record radio channels is one of them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
And honestly if it was the other way around and the TiVo platform was being introduced now I doubt it would be any different. At some point you have to choose which bits of backwards compatibility you don't keep.

Radio as tunable channels predates TiVo on Virgin Media (and recordable boxes) as they were on the previous Digital TV boxes which again replicated the separate FM feeds that some cable franchises had in the analogue days.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi,
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately the absence of radio recording was as I expected. It's a pity they have drop this, as I found recording radio series very useful.

Yes it was the V6. The Virgin Sales Guy told me 360 would be the same as the V6 service I had, but with many new features. Overall though the upgrade is an improvement.