cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Racing UK Club Days

gceltic67
Joining in

Why have virgin media decided not to let customers have tickets for the racing tv club days. Paying an extra £25 per month surely they could sign back up to this and give there customers the service they are paying for and deserve

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've been told by one telephone agent, that you won't be able to apply. That may or may not turn out to be true, but...

For as long as R-UK's website says you can, this could potentially be one rogue or misinformed C/S agent - which does happen with sometimes with all companies. Have you tried calling back and asking someone else, see if you get the same story?

If it is true, then given their website is still advertising this, I'd say you'll have valid cause for complaint against R-UK.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

In which case if true then you need to take it up with Racing UK.

It sounds more like agents having no idea what is going on.

@gceltic67 wrote:

Ozsat, read my previous post.Yes the application for club days is there now but I’ve been told when club days resume shortly you will not be able to apply for tickets via virgin media

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like “put you off moving” tactics to me. You are going from being a direct subscriber to subscribing through a third party. Despite the fact the vast majority of your subs will still go to them, some of these companies still prefer customers to be directly “in their pockets”.

The promotion itself has very little to do with VM apart from the fact that RUK does not control VMs subscribers.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gceltic67,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

Would you mind clarifying when and where you heard this information from? I can't seem to see that you've clarified if this was information supplied to you from a Virgin Media agent or if it was from a third party instead, so it'd be great to narrow down what's going on so we can help further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi I have already clarified where I have got this information from in the post.But to fo so again I have gone from subscribing to racing tv through sky to VM.I have to give 31 days notice snd when I phoned RTV to do so I was told when the next club days become available which will be shortly VM have withdrawn from this and you will no longer be able to apply for club days.Hopefully this isn’t the case or if it is VM will have second thoughts.

Hi @gceltic67,

Thank you for the prompt response. So, to clarify, you're stating that this information was provided to you from a third party in this case on a phone call with Racing TV) and not from Virgin Media directly?

As I can see has been mentioned by other users earlier in this thread, it states on the Racing TV website that this content is still available for Virgin Media customers along with a number of other similar FAQs. As for the conversation you had specifically with a third party, it'd be difficult for us to comment on a conversation that we were not privy to, but, again, as the link states, this is still currently available.

You will also see on our Channel Guide that Racing TV is still available to view via our TV platform on channel 536.

If you have any further queries regarding Racing TV specifically and the information that they've given to you, I'd recommend reaching out to them again directly. All of their contact details can be found here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Best to wait till it happens hopefully though VM will see sense and keep the club days for there customers