cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Racing UK Club Days

gceltic67
Joining in

Why have virgin media decided not to let customers have tickets for the racing tv club days. Paying an extra £25 per month surely they could sign back up to this and give there customers the service they are paying for and deserve

16 REPLIES 16

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per https://www.racingtv.com/members/club_days 

Racecourses will welcome back restricted crowds from Monday 17th May. They will still be operating under tight restrictions until such time as it is confirmed that they can operate again as normal. With this in mind we will be reviewing Club Days with our racecourses once restrictions are lifted and they can welcome back full crowds. We will keep you updated on timelines as and when we can.

According to https://www.racingtv.com/help-centre/virgin  when it's available again it looks like you need to contact Racing Day for your Club Pack and Badge.as per instructions below.

Do I still get membership to the Racing TV Club?

Yes, Virgin Media subscribers will still have the same Racing TV Club benefits.

Do I have to pay an additional fee to be a Racing TV Club member?

No, there is no extra fee for the Racing TV Club. All Racing TV members can attend Club Days.

I haven’t received my Club Pack and badge?

Please email club@racinguk.com if you haven't received a Club Pack.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also interesting to pick up on the same page, rather than..

@gceltic67 wrote:

Why have virgin media decided not to let customers have tickets for the racing tv club days.

the FAQ specifically says..

Do I still get membership to the Racing TV Club? Yes, Virgin Media subscribers will still have the same Racing TV Club benefits.

(Posts crossed)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply.The club days are not on at the moment but will be resuming shortly.I am reliably informed that virgin media customers will not be able to apply for the club days because virgin media have taken the decision not to offer them to there customers.Add that to the fact you can’t watch racing tv online and can’t make yourself available to any racing tv offers if you are on virgin media.but of course still charge you the full price 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gceltic67 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.The club days are not on at the moment but will be resuming shortly.I am reliably informed that virgin media customers will not be able to apply for the club days because virgin media have taken the decision not to offer them to there customers.

Who has informed you of this?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

The guy when I phoned up today to switch from racing tv on sky to virgin media. He reckons the club days for the rest of the year are being finalised and will be published shortly,but virgin media have pulled this option for club days for its customers 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So you've been told this by?....

I presume this was a Racing UK agent? If you've been told by R-UK, then it seems R-UK's telephone agents are contradicting their own website... that's a query I'd recommend directing at R-UK.

Perhaps you could get them to confirm that in writing, and then you might have valid cause for complaint.

Obviously when the racing tv club days are announced which I’m assuming the first one will be after 19th July then the website I would imagine will be updated and it will explain that virgin media viewers can no longer apply for club days 

Racing UK Club Days details - including VirginMedia 

VirginMedia / Racing TV - Club Day Application form 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Ozsat, read my previous post.Yes the application for club days is there now but I’ve been told when club days resume shortly you will not be able to apply for tickets via virgin media