cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick start help, previously on sky!

VMcustomer1234
Joining in

FD968A20-AA1D-4EA1-8F35-D7957EDB3520.jpeg

Hi there just got the virgin 360 package great stuff and the quick help is super easy EXCEPT I have no idea where the wall socket is which you need to connect everything to, all that comes from the walls is two wires that screw into the sky box! Can I used one of those wires or will a engineer need to be called out? Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Its likely when Sky was installed that their installer removed all Virgin wiring. Virgin is a competitior & many will deliberately do this.

Give VM a call & ask for a manned install. This should be free of charge.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Its likely when Sky was installed that their installer removed all Virgin wiring. Virgin is a competitior & many will deliberately do this.

Give VM a call & ask for a manned install. This should be free of charge.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ah bugger thanks for your help, I believe installations are charged at £40? No helping it I suppose

Hi there @VMcustomer1234, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

It does seem like we would need to arrange for the sockets to be re installed if they have been removed. I'll send you a PM to confirm your details to arrange this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules