cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Question - channel categories.

deans6571
Wise owl

The other night, I selected the Music channels (by pressing Home and selecting Music from the drop down) on my 360 - this was fine as it then allowed me to browse just the Music channels.

But, after less than 5 minutes, I noticed that when I then continued to browse down the Music channels in the EPG (by pressing the down arrow on the remote), it would eventually go passed the music channels and carry on into other non music channels?

So, it seems to me that after you select a channel category, the EPG, after a set time, just defaults back to showing ALL the channels again.

I had to continually go back to the category drop down so that I could browse JUST the music channels again.

Is this behaviour correct ?

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Use the sledgehammer approach and create a profile called Music, containing only the music channels.

Then use the profile button on the right side of the remote to swap between this profile and any other profile you might have, say Sports for sports channels, ……

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

deans6571
Wise owl

...nobody else experiencing this behaviour then (judging by the lack of responses!) ?

roy247
Community elder

Hi deans6571,

As no else has replied I tried to replicate your problem, just scrolling up and down while in music it just stayed on the music channels, left it for 10 minutes.

I know that as soon as you start to watch anything and then press the guide button it goes back to the full epg.

@roy247 wrote:

Hi deans6571,

As no else has replied I tried to replicate your problem, just scrolling up and down while in music it just stayed on the music channels, left it for 10 minutes.

I know that as soon as you start to watch anything and then press the guide button it goes back to the full epg.

Hi!

Actually, this is what I was getting at - the fact that when you select a program to watch (within the Music categories), the EPG then defaults back to showing all channels. 

Shouldn’t the EPG stay on the categories you previously selected? Why does it default back to full EPG?

I know what you mean and I think the V6 stayed on the selected listing, I could be wrong but sure someone will correct that if I am wrong.

Maybe it's something that can be pushed to the 360 software team.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Use the sledgehammer approach and create a profile called Music, containing only the music channels.

Then use the profile button on the right side of the remote to swap between this profile and any other profile you might have, say Sports for sports channels, ……

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks