cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query re powerline connection

tommy9b
Tuning in

I want to connect my second slave box via a powerline connection in a second room. It's not possible to do a wired connection to this room. I tried a tp link connector but it wouldn't work. Can you suggest a solution

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is there reliable wireless coverage in the location you want to use the second box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

There is a wireless connection in the room which is good. I've tried it and the box changes the connection type to ethernet. Could it be a problem with the TV box. 

I'm considering just getting a firestick and not using the TV box. 

roy247
Community elder

@tommy9b wrote:

There is a wireless connection in the room which is good. I've tried it and the box changes the connection type to ethernet. Could it be a problem with the TV box. 

If you have an ethernet cable connected to the 360 even if the other end of the cable is not connected I believe it overrides the wi-fi setting.

I have my main TV connected to the 360 box. I'm looking at setting up a new connection in another room via the powerline connection which keeps looking for an ethernet cable. If I disconnected the ethernet connection to the main box surely I'd be left with no TV. 

roy247
Community elder

I was referring to the 2nd 360 box that won't save the wi-fi setting.

I've tried it set as both ethernet and WiFi and I only get the message that this content cannot be displayed. The menu looks normal however. 

The tp link box has an ethernet cable connected between it and the TV box

roy247
Community elder

@tommy9b wrote:

The tp link box has an ethernet cable connected between it and the TV box

Remove that cable from the 360 box and try setting your wi-fi again.