cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with 360/hub3 in modem mode

wadouglas
Joining in

Hi, I am looking for help with my set up please.

I have had vm broadband on the hub 3 for several years….due to thick walls etc I use it in modem mode and use a mesh for wifi and had no problems. I recently added basic tv to the package and was sent a 360 box with a splitter. When I set it up the hub flashes green, which I understand indicates an update, but after leaving it for many hours nothing changed. With the splitter in I get tv but can’t get the modem/mesh set up to work. Could I have a faulty splitter? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the hub base light flashes green constantly you have a signal issue. Adding the splitter & additional cable has likely put your signal levels out of spec. Check the connections are in firmly. If they are then ring faults, as a technician will be required to open the street cabinet & boost the signal to your line.

If the hub cycles between a flashing & steady base light there is an account error which needs rectifying.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the hub base light flashes green constantly you have a signal issue. Adding the splitter & additional cable has likely put your signal levels out of spec. Check the connections are in firmly. If they are then ring faults, as a technician will be required to open the street cabinet & boost the signal to your line.

If the hub cycles between a flashing & steady base light there is an account error which needs rectifying.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply nodrogd, I checked the connections and no change so have a technician coming out this week.