cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems upgrading to 360

Sara4
Tuning in

I accepted a recommended upgrade to 360 delivered remotely three weeks ago. Since then I have only had live tv. No catch up,recordings or apps. Numerous calls but no resolution. Help!!!

19 REPLIES 19

Sorry don’t know re my neighbours and wouldn’t know how to check software.

I think that I have no other choice but to find another provider that offers some customer service and cancel 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Sara4 

Using your 360 remote click on Home >Settings (the cog wheel on the right of the screen) >Network > Diagnostics 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

So thank you both 

I have now found the diagnostics screen.

All is the same until connection speed which says slow with an orange explanation mark.

the bottom of the screen gives an orange explanation mark above live tv hub   The next two are greyed out 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Sara4 

It sounds to me like you are using a WiFi connection instead of an ethernet connection between the hub and the 360.

If so the WiFi signal may not be strong enough.

If possible use an ethernet connection instead.

Is your normal internet working OK, or are the speeds slower, and do you have drop outs on wifi devices?

I would also try calling the  Service Status number on 0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Sara4,

It's disappointing to hear of the problems you're experiencing since upgrading to TV360, we understand the frustration this can cause and appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From looking at your equipment and connection there does seem to ne an issue which will require a technician, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you.

Thanks

Rob

You're welcome Sara4 🙂

Rob

Hi 

I cannot see in the tread if this has now been referred back to you for an engineer?
Sara

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sara4 wrote:

I cannot see in the tread if this has now been referred back to you for an engineer?
Sara

Check the purple envelope in the top-right corner of the screen for a private message from the forum staff.

All account-specific info is done via PM not on the open forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies about that @Sara4

Have you checked the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of the forum as advised by japitts? 

If this doesn't help explain things, please let me know and we'll drop you another PM to advise further. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide