cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime Video

jamesredfern
Superfast

Does anyone else have a problem with Prine Video on the 360 box?  I can log in and browse the content but as soon as I try to watch I get the spinning wheel followed by a "something went wrong" message. Rebooting the 360 box cures it for a couple of days but then happens again. 

8 REPLIES 8

Royalbeech
Superfast

Try rebooting the broadband router.

When rebooting, turn off and remove all cables connected to it! Do the same with the TV boxes as well. Removing ALL the cables de statics the device. Leave disconnected for a few minutes, the connect all cables back on the router and turn on, wait until fully booted and you can get a WIFI signal to your mobile phone, then reboot the TV boxes. 

Tried this numerous times. Still happens every other day. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi jamesredfern,

Do you suffer from the same issue with other apps, or the iPlayer?

Have you tried a different HDMI cable and/or port on the TV?

Is the box connected by ethernet cable or wireless?

Have you checked the internet signal in the 360 settings? You can also change from ethernet to wireless from there to see if it makes any difference.

Settings > Network > Diagnostics

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tried those suggestions. Other apps on the box are fine. Connected via ethenet or wireless gives the same result. Diagnostics look fine. 

OK. Trying a factory reset. How long should the box sit on the welcome screen?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Last time I performed a factory reset it took around 4 minutes in total

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi jamesredfern,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with the Prime app on your 360 box.

I can see you were looking at doing a factory reset to see if this helped things but have not updated the thread since. I've tried to have a look at things on this end but haven't been able to locate your account using your forum details.

If you are still having an issue then we're happy to take a look in to things Pop back here with an update and we can go from there. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I managed the factory reset but it took 2 goes. 1st try took nearly an hour stuck on the Welcome Screen, when it did boot the box was slow and practically unusable. 2nd factory reset took abot 3-4 minutes and box was back to normal. In the mean time I also upgraded my TV. Prime is now working fine so far but not sure if it was the factory resets of the new TV which fixed it.