cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary record box 360

LesleyAllinson6
Joining in

We have tivo 360 and have 2 V6 boxes one in the lounge and one in the bedroom, we schedule recordings on the box in the lounge but they actually record on the one in the bedroom. How do we make the one in the lounge the priority box please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @LesleyAllinson6 

When setting up a series link go to advanced and select which box you want the recording to be made on. It will then be recorded on that box going forward, even if the default recording box is the other one. So all you need to do is reset your series links to record on the box you want them to. Unfortunately to reset the links, you'll need to delete and reset.

You can also use the same method to record individual programs rather than series.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @LesleyAllinson6 

When setting up a series link go to advanced and select which box you want the recording to be made on. It will then be recorded on that box going forward, even if the default recording box is the other one. So all you need to do is reset your series links to record on the box you want them to. Unfortunately to reset the links, you'll need to delete and reset.

You can also use the same method to record individual programs rather than series.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LesleyAllinson6 wrote:

We have tivo 360 and have 2 V6 boxes one in the lounge and one in the bedroom, we schedule recordings on the box in the lounge but they actually record on the one in the bedroom. How do we make the one in the lounge the priority box please?

TiVo is not 360, it's a completely different software platform and there's no such thing as a tivo-360. It sounds like you have 2 x 360 - whether they were previously V6 is, for all practical purposes, immaterial.

Terminology aside, the answer from newapollo is the correct one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks