seanscurr
Joining in

Hi I’m just wondering can you get Pluto tv app on the tv through my box

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @seanscurr 

It's currently available on the V6 box but not the 360.

Good news though the paramount + app, and Pluto TV’s channel line-up will launch on a dedicated FAST section of Virgin TV’s electronic programme guide coming to the 360 and Stream boxes. Info below from

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk 

Renewed deal will see SVOD service Paramount+ debut on Virgin TV in 2023 and wider distribution of Pluto TV, the leading free, ad-supported TV (FAST) service 

London, 2 November 2022: Paramount and Virgin Media have today announced a new multi-year distribution agreement, extending their existing long-term partnership across Paramount’s streaming services and linear channels in the UK.

The renewed partnership will see Paramount+, the global subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service, debut on Virgin TV in 2023. Full app integration on Virgin Media’s set-top boxes will offer customers the opportunity to access more than 8000 hours of exclusive originals, blockbuster films, and iconic series across every genre from Paramount’s world-renowned brands and production studios, including SHOWTIME® and Paramount Pictures.

Under the new deal, Pluto TV, the leading free, ad-supported TV (FAST) service, will also gain wider UK distribution on Virgin Media’s cutting-edge TV360 and Stream services, reaching new customers and providing access to more than 100 curated channels, including Hell’s Kitchen, CSI: Miami and MTV Movie Hits, seasonal and thematic channels like Pluto TV Halloween and Pluto TV Crime, and a range of movies and on-demand series. 2023 will also see Pluto TV’s channel line-up launch on a dedicated FAST section of Virgin TV’s electronic programme guide, allowing customers seamless access to the channels.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you any idea when the app will be live

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @seanscurr 

I'm afraid no dates have been mentioned yet, but keep an eye on the 

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/  and

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit  pages for any updates

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@seanscurr wrote:

Thank you any idea when the app will be live

VM have strong form in not pre-announcing new channel/app launches until they are actually live.

Keep an eye on third party news sites for any rumours, but otherwise it'll happen when it happens!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ozsat
Superstar

Pluto app is now available on the 360

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5