cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pluto TV

TraceyEss
Tuning in

Apologies if this has been asked already. I’m new to Virgin Media and keep seeing the ad for Pluto TV, telling me to look in Apps for the app. It’s not there!

I’ve done some googling and apparently it’s on the v6 box but not the 360. But the 360 is the newer box. This makes no sense to me! Why would this apparently new app be on the old box but not the new one? Is it going to be put on the 360 box? 

If it’s not, stop rubbing my nose in it by constantly advertising it to me and telling me to look in apps! 

Explanations appreciated. Many Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have a Samsung smart TV and it has Pluto TV included in Samsung plus ,you aren't missing much ,old movies and stuff but if you have a smart TV try there .

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi TraceyEss,

You are correct that the 360 doesn't have a dedicated Pluto app at present (hopefully that's in the pipeline.

I hope this helps in a small way.

You can though use the My5 app and click on channels. There you will see a selection of programs under Pluto Drama, Pluto Food, Pluto Movies, Pluto Paranormal and Pluto Retro.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TraceyEss wrote:

I’ve done some googling and apparently it’s on the v6 box but not the 360. But the 360 is the newer box. This makes no sense to me! Why would this apparently new app be on the old box but not the new one? Is it going to be put on the 360 box?

The 360 doesn't have all the same features as the V6. It has some newer functionality, but doesn't replicate everything the V6 does. Most of the app-stuff is probably replicable given development time, but remember these are two very different software platforms and there will be differences for quite a while yet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have a Samsung smart TV and it has Pluto TV included in Samsung plus ,you aren't missing much ,old movies and stuff but if you have a smart TV try there .

Thanks for your reply. Sad aren’t I? Just wanted to have a look. I don’t bother watching most of the channels anyway! 

Hi @TraceyEss thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry the app you seek is not currently available on the 360.  Your fantastic fellow community members have advised you correctly.  The only thing I can really advise at this time is watch this space.

Regards

Lee_R

No you ain't sad mate. Iv had a look few times , occasionally you get some decent movies in the film channels .

@TraceyEss have you tried your fellow community members suggestions?

Regards

Lee

Hi Lee

Yes, I had a look round the suggested apps and found lots of different things to watch. 

Thank you! 

@newapollo wrote

You can though use the My5 app and click on channels. There you will see a selection of programs under Pluto Drama, Pluto Food, Pluto Movies, Pluto Paranormal and Pluto Retro.

I have just tried this and there is no "Channels" option to click on?