cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playback speed

PrinterElf
Alessandro Volta

Evening all,

Long time reader, first time poster... (in here at least 🙃)

So I bit the bullet and opted for the V360 update. Turns out it somewhat negates the need for the Nvidia Shield TV purchased on Black Friday, but never mind...

I'm assuming that no matter what permutation of buttons I mash, reminiscent of trying to get the "Finish him" combo to work, I'm not going to be able to play back recordings slightly faster than 1x speed as was the case with the V6?

16 REPLIES 16

@PrinterElf wrote:

The same way there's the skip-back if you're fast-'winding' at more than the first speed increment

It's a shame this isn't a more widely available feature as it makes landing in the right place so much easier. You can skip through the ads, wait for the programme logo to appear and you don't have to instantly stab the play button. It's so simple but so smart to just allow for the fact that people don't have instant reactions. I also love that when you are fast forwarding, if you press rewind it reduces the forward speed one level rather than switching to the slowest rewind speed. 

@lennyv wrote:

You can skip through the ads, wait for the programme logo to appear and you don't have to instantly stab the play button.

Oooh, no. I'll take the V360 implementation any day - You don't need to actually FF through the ads, just hit right on the D-pad and it'll instantly skip 30secs, so you don't have to actually watch them! Whereas TiVo's skip forward actually meant you had to watch those 30secs at the fastest FF speed.

I hope they add their own version of "Quick View" in the future we used it all the time!

@PrinterElf wrote:

Oooh, no. I'll take the V360 implementation any day - You don't need to actually FF through the ads, just hit right on the D-pad and it'll instantly skip 30secs, so you don't have to actually watch them! Whereas TiVo's skip forward actually meant you had to watch those 30secs at the fastest FF speed.

Or you can use voice and say "skip three minutes" and it'll do it one go! (Assuming a three minute ad break of course!)

@paul0363 wrote:

Or you can use voice and say "skip three minutes" and it'll do it one go! (Assuming a three minute ad break of course!)

Oooh, I didn't know it'd do that. Though for just 3 mins I'd wager I can hit the button 6 times faster than I can say it 😉

However, for say jumping past half time that becomes a lot more useful, as I notice the skip markers are no longer a thing either.

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

skip forward plays it fast, saying fast forward 3 minutes jumps you instantly 3 minutes ahead

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I always say skip 4 mins and is done instantly..