cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playback speed

PrinterElf
Alessandro Volta

Evening all,

Long time reader, first time poster... (in here at least 🙃)

So I bit the bullet and opted for the V360 update. Turns out it somewhat negates the need for the Nvidia Shield TV purchased on Black Friday, but never mind...

I'm assuming that no matter what permutation of buttons I mash, reminiscent of trying to get the "Finish him" combo to work, I'm not going to be able to play back recordings slightly faster than 1x speed as was the case with the V6?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

No, unfortunately not.  QuickTime is a TiVo thing. 

I didnt think ANYONE used it; certainly nobody ever mentioned it, then since the move to 360 I've seen loads of people bring it up! 

If it helps, Netflix has it, but I don't see it happening on 360 any time soon. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

No, unfortunately not.  QuickTime is a TiVo thing. 

I didnt think ANYONE used it; certainly nobody ever mentioned it, then since the move to 360 I've seen loads of people bring it up! 

If it helps, Netflix has it, but I don't see it happening on 360 any time soon. 

Thanks @BlueLou

I'm guessing no-one ever mentioned it because it just worked! Though I thought QuickTime was an Apple trademark?

My main use for it was reducing the amount of time it took to watch the many many hours of F1 across a race weekend, so I guess I'll just have to make a concerted effort to watch it live!

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think the function was called Quickview.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

@Ernie_C wrote:

I think the function was called Quickview.

YES. It is QuickView!

goodbodyj
On our wavelength

We use it too!

Back in the old days of using DVD-RAM for recordings, our Panasonic recorder had the 1.3x play feature so maybe it's not something Tivo have a patent on and could be added to the list of "things to add at some point" on the TV 360.

roy247
Community elder

Didn't realise it was called QuickView.

As PrinterElf has said it was great for watching recorded F1 especially the practice sessions.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think the element of Quickview (called QuickMode in the US) that was or is unique to TiVo as a PVR is the correction on the audio.

So other devices have been able to play audio and video together at a faster speed but not in a way that means it sounds like the original.

I know Netflix and YouTube now do something similar for mobile devices but not on their TV clients as far I know.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

I've been a virgin media customer for years and i have had a v6 for many years and i didn't know i could do that.Every day is a school day 😏

@BenMcr wrote:

I think the element of Quickview (called QuickMode in the US) that was or is unique to TiVo as a PVR is the correction on the audio.

That would make sense.

The same way there's the skip-back if you're fast-'winding' at more than the first speed increment; it's a proprietary TiVo thing. Annoyingly my cat-like reflexes have lapsed somewhat since the SA V+ days, so that's going to take a little getting used to again.