cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation - Tried Everything

brady40
On our wavelength

After recently replacing V6 box which had stalled at start up - I am finding the new one increasingly unwatchable - Sports and other stuff is a screen full of blur every 20 seconds and then resets - I have followed all of the online instructions about restarting, cable checks and restarting and reinstalling all of the wi-fi routers etc  but to no avail. I call Virgin. Automated transfer to instructions and them hang up -  and they send a link to the same page with the same instructions! Help !

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault - live TV doesn't use the internet so the router is immaterial. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service" and then press nothing else, ignoring the options for a link, a message or anything else - just waiting. Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced brady40,

Welcome back to the community.

From checking our service I can't currently see any area faults that would affect your system, to clarify is the blur happening on all channels?

Let us know,

Kain

brady40
On our wavelength

Hi -  mostly live channels eg football, news - rebooted yesterday was ok and now back to pixel blur - football tonight is unwatchable 

brady40
On our wavelength

And to add neighbours have the same issue and some have engineer visits booked 

brady40
On our wavelength

B54F819A-ECB5-4495-8557-09F5DCDD8EEE.jpeg

This message appears intermittently and repeats every few minutes before reverting to good / I have rebooted and removed and reinserted all cables and connections - One hour on call with Virgin telling me everything is ok their end! 

brady40
On our wavelength

32EE5AE8-BF35-41EE-B4E6-6573EFFD30FF.jpeg

 this is the norm - unwatchable - 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It doesn't matter greatly for the fix you need here, but the photo you've taken is of a TV360 signal status, not a V6 one.

I've moved your post to the TV360 section of this forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @brady40,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. It's great to have you hear 🙂

I am sorry the issues you're having with pixilation are ongoing even after carrying out all the self care checks,

I'd love to take a closer look into this so will pop you a PM now to run some more checks. We'll take it from there!

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Speak soon! 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @brady40
I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the pixilation issues you are experiencing. You can find confirmation of the visit via your online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs