cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture flickering

Pictureflickers
Tuning in

Since joining Virgin 360 I’ve encountered problems. Firstly picture flickers on recordings and sometimes live TV too and yes I have checked connections and cables.

the other really infuriating thing is that on all recordings it cuts off the last 2 minutes of almost every recording. I’ve changed the settings to record 30 minutes over the scheduled time but it has t made any difference to most recordings. It seems to be serial with a cliffhanger ending that always get cut off. I am sick of it. I wasn’t tied into a contract I would pack it in tomorrow!

7 REPLIES 7

Pictureflickers
Tuning in

Since changing to Virgin 360 I get picture flickering on recorded programmes and live TV. I’ve checked cables and connections and they seem OK. Any reason what this is happening Signal quality is shown as Excellent on Diagnostics.

also recorded programmes get cut off at least 2 minutes before the end of recordings and I have changed settings to go for a full 15 and then 30 minutes after scheduled times but it still cuts out, particularly on cliffhanger endings! Infuriating!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you provide any specific examples, to help others attempt to replicate?

Specific channels, programmes etc?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The most recent instance was yesterday watching recording of Rugby on BT Sports HD. It starts off OK and then about half way through started flickering more and more. Watched the rugby later live on BT Sport and that flickered too and The TV keeps showing g a message ‘Full Screen mode’

its happened on different channels and different types of programmes and it seems to be in longer recordings 

Hi @Pictureflickers thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues when trying to enjoy a programme.  I would like to investigate the issue on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pictureflickers thanks for getting back to me privately.  This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee
Yes I am very happy with the response and outcome! Problem fixed hopefully!

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Pictureflickers

Thanks for getting back to me privately.  This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R