cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture and recordings jump

Tot1984
Tuning in

Been with Virgin since end of February, and had a fair signal since day 1 with slight pixelation now and again. Had an engineer come out and fixed the signal issue and have a permanent good signal however, I get a jump in live tv now and again and on almost every recording we get a jump in picture. Just watched a football match on BT sport and had 2 jumps. Other than that the picture was perfect. Its getting annoying now as I have been with Virgin for a short period of time since moving from Sky and having issues. Has anybody else experienced this? I would like an engineer to come and see it for themselves but as it happens every now and again, I'm afraid it won't happen when the attend. I have tried all the suggested repairs, check the cables are tight, hdmi is fine, rebooted the box etc. What should I do?

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you reporting that your live TV picture is jumping? Recording it would be a good start - and then either post up a video to this thread, or report the fault and show the tech, the recording.

Or that your live TV is OK but recorded programmes have problems? That could be an HDD issue if so. Are you watching on a TV360 master (with hard drive) or TV360 mini (without hard drive)?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Live tv is jumping now and again. Recordings also jumping. More noticeable on recordings though. Will post a video of the jumping when it happens.

Watching on master 360 box

Live tv and recordings are jumping now and again. Will post a video of the jumping ASAP. Watching on master 360 box. 

I know its not the best example but it jumps/stutters at 2 seconds. 

https://youtube.com/watch?v=o2upVryW92Y&feature=share

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tot1984, 

Welcome and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry for the issues with the TV service jumping on live shows and recordings, we will do all we can to help. 

Firstly, can you please run a quick health check on the cables leading to and from the equipment to make sure they are securely connected and not damaged at all? This include making sure there are no kinks or anything resting on top of the them. 

Thanks, 

Nat