cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture & Sound Stutter

Anonymous
Not applicable

The past few days, I’ve noticed the sound and picture sometimes breaks/stutters for a brief second. This is on live broadcasts and recordings affecting my main V360 box.

I’ve seen similar posts referring to sound drops and wondered if this was ever fixed? I’ve been running V4.36 for a few weeks now but only noticed the issue over the past two days.

A reset hasn’t resolved the problem. Any help welcome. Not really open to any scripted or ‘turn your box off and on’ responses, please.

Edit: my dad’s currently watching Ben Hur live on Sky Cinema Greats and the drop outs are very noticeable - around every 3-4 minutes. 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this on any particular channels? (including specifying SD/HD if appropriate)

Although given that your forum username is now "Anonymous", the OP appears to have deleted their forum account already so will struggle to reply!!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Not quite sure how I managed that. Here’s some examples where the issue is present:

- A Boy Called Christmas (recording from Sky Cinema Christmas HD)

- Ben Hur (live on Sky Cinema Greats HD)

- BBC Breakfast (live on BBC One HD)

The only change I’ve made to set up is having subtitles permanently on for my father who is hard of hearing. The issue started around the same time. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you have the same problem if watching Ben Hur via Box Sets & Movies > Movies, or A Boy Called Christmas (also available in UHD if you subscribe) via Box Sets & Movies > Movies?

VM carry channels on muxes, rather like Freeview, so there EPG position doesn't relate to how they carried and transmitted to your set top box by VM.

Do you have any problems with the channels in picture 1 below which are on the same mux as Sky Greats?

The same with picture 2 below which are all on the same mux as BBC One HD

If so this could relate to a signal issue.

Have you had issues with any other recordings? 

You can test the recording function by pausing a program for a couple of minutes and then palying it back.

Picture 1Picture 1Picture 2Picture 2

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks both. On Demand/streamed content works perfectly. I haven’t really recorded enough to see if the issue persists, but will try what you’ve suggested.

I did another reset last night and haven’t noticed the issue so far today. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Haven’t noticed any drop outs today until dad started watching Sky Cinema Greats HD just now (Legends of the Fall). These dropouts were not apparent [for me] prior to V4.36).

Been considering moving back to Sky Q for a while and this may be the deciding factor for me. Sky Q is leaps ahead in terms of content, apps and a better looking UI. I’ve stuck with Virgin to be loyal but I really feel they’re falling behind, with updates bringing more issues over anything decent or new. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks both. On Demand/streamed content works perfectly. I haven’t really recorded enough to see if the issue persists, but will try what you’ve suggested

It will do... OnDemand & streaming uses the internet.

Broadcast TV doesn't. Whilst both services come down the same physical cable, the method used to carry them is different.

If you have a signal fault affecting your broadcast TV, then you're paying for a service which includes free repairs & servicing. It's only right that VM should rectify any faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks