cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing live TV on multiple channels

colin_c
On our wavelength

Hey there,

Was hoping for some advice, recently upgraded to 360 and live TV seems to only work on a single channel? If you switch channels it returns to live.

On the V6 you could pause 5 or 6 channels and switch between them and fast forward to catch up to the live TV using the info button which showed the 6 channels available.

Was very handly if sports were on at the same time, could watch the first 45 minutes of a football match and switch to the other channels you put on pause and watch the goals/fast forward etc. Obviously was only paused up to max an hour.

Is similar possible on the 360?

Also returning to last channel doesn't work, is this only available via voice control?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @colin_c 

Unfortunately on the 360 you can only pause one channel at a time. There isn't a buffer like with the V6.

You would need to set the other program to record and thenuse that feature to continue from where you left off.

Please note that if you have a mini box then it only pauses for up to 5 minutes, so again yuo would need to use the record function for any longer pause period.

You can return to the last channel by pressing the TV button ((just below and to the right of the Home button) on the 360 remote.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @colin_c 

Unfortunately on the 360 you can only pause one channel at a time. There isn't a buffer like with the V6.

You would need to set the other program to record and thenuse that feature to continue from where you left off.

Please note that if you have a mini box then it only pauses for up to 5 minutes, so again yuo would need to use the record function for any longer pause period.

You can return to the last channel by pressing the TV button ((just below and to the right of the Home button) on the 360 remote.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

colin_c
On our wavelength

Thank you for the reply. It's very appreciated.

Yeah been doing the recording solution, slightly more work involved but at least it's still a solution.

Thanks regarding the last channel button, I was trying the back button instead lol

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @colin_c 

To be honest using the back button saves your voice, but it's no quicker lol

It might be an idea to bookmark the following two links which contain a lot of useful info/tips for the 360.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.