cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paramount plus

littleladynikki
Joining in

Where can I find this app/channel on Virgin? It says everywhere that it's available but I cannot find it at all. Even when searching. I have the full package 

16 REPLIES 16

PhilipF
Superfast
The only way that is possible at the moment (as far as I am Aware) is to be using Amazon Prime and purchase it via them, of course you have to be subscribed to Amazon as well, I read somewhere that it will be stand alone app at some point, I think sky have it has a stand alone app. Often these thing are covered by exclusivity deals, e.g. you can't release to a rival operator for X amount of time.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Paramount Plus is a(nother) subscription streaming service - where have you seen it advertised as available on VM?

Some of the content might be available via VoD and/or an Amazon in-app channel, but I believe the service itself is currently under Sky-exclusivity.

When you refer to "full package", do you mean Ultimate Volt? Which is basically Maxit plus various extras.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @littleladynikki 

If you find any reference to Paramount on VM's pages  then they haven't been updated.

They are referring to the old Paramount channel which was rebranded to 5 Action. It's available in HD on channel 150.

Paramount Plus won't be available on VM until later this year

VMO2 announced it on their news page on November 2nd 2022.

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/paramount-and-virgin-media-agree-new-multi-year-distribution-partne... 

It also includes the Pluto app being added to the 360 and Stream boxes, and a special FAST section being added to the EPG for the Pluto channels.

You can however access it via the  Amazon Prime app if you have a Prime subscription, otherwise see this page 

https://support.paramountplus.com/s/article/PI-On-which-devices-can-I-watch-Paramount?l 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It technically is avaliable everywhere just not yet on Virgin Media as like always they are usually late to the party.  paramount plus is avaliable as below 

Currently supported:

• Desktop (web)
  • iOS app (phone & tablet) - iOS 13.0+
  • Apple TV 4 (tvOS) & 5 (4K)
  • Android app (phone & tablet)
  • Compatible Android TV devices
  • Compatible FireTV devices (*available in selected countries)
  • Roku (*available in selected countries)
  • Chromecast
  • Fetch (Australia only)
  • Telstra TV (Australia only)
  • Samsung TV (2017 or newer - Australia, Canada, Latin America UK & Ireland only)
  • LG TV (LG TVs with webOS 4.0 or higher (2018 or newer models), Australia, Canada, UK & Ireland only) 
  • Sky Q (UK & Ireland only)
  • Sky Glass (UK only)

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @littleladynikki, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Your fellow community members have given you the correct advice regarding Paramount Plus. Any changes that may take place in the future, would be announced here. Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

Kirken25
Settling in

How can I find paramount?! I’ve searched channels, apps and cannot find anything. It’s always advertised on channels it’s so frustrating! 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Kirken25, thanks for the posts and replies and sorry to see you're unable to find the Paramount channels to watch.

Please, be advised that last month, Paramount Network (channel 150 HD / 187 SD) permanently rebranded to 5Action.

In regard to Paramount+ this has not yet been added to our channel list, please visit our channel guide for our most updated channel list for your reference.

If you have more questions or concerns, let us know and we're glad to advise more on this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

cje85
Trouble shooter

@Adri_G wrote:

Hey Kirken25, thanks for the posts and replies and sorry to see you're unable to find the Paramount channels to watch.

Please, be advised that last month, Paramount Network (channel 150 HD / 187 SD) permanently rebranded to 5Action.

Last month? Paramount Network changed to 5Action in January 2022!
https://help.channel5.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4415502237585-Paramount-Network-Changing-To-5ACTION

The Paramount+ service is currently not on VM but is due later this year. 

Patters
Tuning in

Hi looking for an update on the agreed deal with Paramount and virgin media to find out when in 2023 is paramount + going live on the network.