cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paramount+ on virginmedia

D-T
On our wavelength

Can someone tell me whether Paramount+ will be available free on virginmedia packages in 2022 when its released in Eurooe. I can find lots of press releases from Sky Go but none about VM. Is this because VM are negotiating or (hopefully not more likely) is this going to be another nail in the coffin of VM/Sky Go comparisons?

Many thanks

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @D-T 

No information is currently available as to whether VM or any other provider bar Sky will have access to either a free or paid version of the Paramount + app .

VM usually leave announcements to the last minute, best place to check for this and any other VMO2 announcements is https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

My expectation is that, like the discovery+ channel, there will be a Paramount+ channel that you will be able to get on subscription as a Prime Video customer.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

CalKlein
Dialled in
Interestingly. Some if the Paramount+ programming that was available outside the US on Netflix has now moved to PlutoTV

PlutoTV is owned by Viacom, who own Paramount, channel 5 etc iirc

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @D-T.

As advised by others we don't currently have any estimation as to if or when we will get paramount + on our services.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

John-316
On our wavelength

Any news on this, as Sky has now made an announcement that Paramount+ will be available as a part of Sky Cinema?

———————————————
Yes, I have tried turning it off and on again.. 😄

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @John-316 

There is nothing in the online writeup's to suggest Paramount + will be available on either VM or BT.

You could register on https://www.paramountplus.com/gb/  to be kept informed directly by them.

Or keep checking the https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/  page for updates on any and all VM related news

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@John-316 wrote:

Any news on this, as Sky has now made an announcement that Paramount+ will be available as a part of Sky Cinema?

When i read about that, I thought about the contract Sky had with Discovery+.

Sky's deal with Discovery+ meant Sky customers were the only ones that got it for about a year and the same thing might happen with Paramount+.

They haven't said that. They said customers who subscribe to Sky Cinema direct with Sky will have it included in their subscription.

@John-316 wrote:

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

D-T
On our wavelength

Ok, so the good news is that VM appear to be getting Paramount+ 👍

However the press releases only say "from 2023", any idea when? Hopefully closer to 01/01/23 than 31/12/23