cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing universal remote to 360 box

shamick59
Dialled in

I want to pair my Bose Universal remote to 360 box.  What is the code for 360 box as the one suggested in my instructions for virgin doesnt work  I assume it is because I need the brand of the box - TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @shamick59 

I don't know how that remote works, however some third party remotes such as the OneForAll URC7125 - use the SimpleSet setup process and choose Ziggo as the manufacturer. Also the Logitech Harmony remote needs setting up as Ziggo Mediabox Next

Most TV Smart remotes can also be set up using either Ziggo or  Ziggo Mediabox Next as the device/device manufacturer

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @shamick59 

I don't know how that remote works, however some third party remotes such as the OneForAll URC7125 - use the SimpleSet setup process and choose Ziggo as the manufacturer. Also the Logitech Harmony remote needs setting up as Ziggo Mediabox Next

Most TV Smart remotes can also be set up using either Ziggo or  Ziggo Mediabox Next as the device/device manufacturer

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hiya  thanks for response  I know how to do it as I did it with the V6 box (apparently it was a cisco box) we had but I need to know the brand of  the 360 box so that I can match it to the codes supplied in the Bose instruction manual  Just using the one marked Virginmedia doesn't work  - it didn't with the V6 box - hence me having to find out it was a Cisco box last time.  Nothing is every straightforward!!

Thank you for suggesting Ziggo but that didn't work

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It might work with Arris or Humax.

On your 360 go to Settings > Info >  About  > Hardware version

My 360's are both old V6 boxes that received the software update.

They both show hardware version Arris-DCX960-MPA+

I know in the past that some Samsung smart TV remotes were able to be paired by using Arris and then DCX960

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

You are correct it is an Arris! BUT, of course, there is no universal remote code on the Bose list for Arris!!! Oh well, thank you anyway I appreciate your help

YaY - I have got 2 codes from Bose  However netiher of them work  Is it possible that you can't pair more than 1 remote to the 360 box?  I really don't know what else I can do

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @shamick59 

Each 360 remote pairs 1 to 1 with the box, it does not use infra-red (IR). This means you can only use one 360 remote with a box and not multiple.

That doesn't prevent you pairing other remotes such as your TV's smart remote with the 360 so it shouldn't prevent the Bose pairing.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

You could try the codes for Humax as they made the original 360 box's (software has been adapted for the V6), or phone Bose support and see if they have updated the support for the 360 which will probably be listed as  Ziggo MediaBox Next as previously mentioned by newapollo.

Thank you  Yes I did contact Bose and they gave me two codes, neither of which worked!  I have also tried Humax & Ziggo with no luck  I am beginning to wonder if I can't pair 2 remotes to the box?