cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing two remotes for one box

davedicko
Dialled in

When is Virgin Media going to make it possible to pair 2 remotes to one box,it is 2022 or are we going backwards in technology?

3 REPLIES 3

VM-Alex
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Davedicko,

TV 360 is much the same as the older V6 that you can only have 1 fully paired remote. The old V6 would allow you to use an unpaired infrared remote as well where as the 360 doesnt. 

As far as I am aware there is no plan to change this. What is your intention with a 2nd remote? 

In the theme of being 2022 the TV go app allows you to fully control the TV box and I probably use that as much as the TV remote if that helps you? 

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

LoneSpeaker
Superfast

@davedicko wrote:

When is Virgin Media going to make it possible to pair 2 remotes to one box,it is 2022 or are we going backwards in technology?

Use a oneforall remote or something similar.  I use a logitech harmony remote.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @davedicko 

You can use some third party remotes such as the OneForAll URC7125 - use the SimpleSet setup process and choose Ziggo manufacturer

Also the Logitech Harmony remote.  You need to set them up as a "Ziggo Mediabox Next" 

A number of users, myself included have also managed to pair their normal TV smart remotes with the 360. Some pick it up automatically as Virgin, others you need to search for Ziggo or Ziggo Mediabox Next

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali