cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing remote control to virgin 360 box

Linda122
Joining in

I have a yamaha yas 109 soundbar which when I 1st got it my 360 remote control paired up to it with no problem, then a couple of month later it became unpaired for no reason, now I can't pair it back up and my soundbar has no sound. As anyone had this problem and know how to fix this.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Linda122 

Have you tried disconnecting the yamaha sound bar from the 360  then rebooting the 360 and reconnecting the yamaha soundbar?

Also when pairing the soundbar go to Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Change Audio set up > then when it scans for your device enter yas109 as the model number.

If that fails then click on Start key testing but don't accept the first option it finds that pairs, try one or two more as the first one isn't always the best.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Linda122

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues pairing your remote. Please find our guide on how to complete this here

In regard to the sound bar, please follow the advice helpfully outlined by newapollo.

Please pop another post on this thread letting us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Linda122
Joining in

I've 

@Linda122 wrote:

I have a yamaha yas 109 soundbar which when I 1st got it my 360 remote control paired up to it with no problem, then a couple of month later it became unpaired for no reason, now I can't pair it back up and my soundbar has no sound. As anyone had this problem and know how to fix this.

Ive Solve the problem now. I unplugged my tv and soundbar and reset the soundbar to factory settings (holding power button a volume + button the same time) then check my sound settings on tv was on HDMI now remote is paired and have sound from the soundbar. Hope this helps anyone