cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing 360 remote with soundbar

RyanV78
Tuning in

Hi - I recently bought a new television and Yamaha soundbar. I paired my Virgin 360 remote with the soundbar and all was working absolutely fine - when I used the 360 remote to turn on the television it would also turn on the soundbar at the same time and then the 360 remote could be used for the volume on the soundbar.

However in the last couple of weeks the pairing with the soundbar has dropped and I've tried many times to pair them again in the settings option of the 360 menu but its just not working at all so Im now having to use the original soundbar remote to turn on and move the volume on the soundbar.

Any ideas on how to rectify would be much appreciated as it's driving me mad 🙂

Regards

Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonathanpye
Fibre optic

I'm making the assumption as you said new that soundbar is connected via ARC to the TV and tv360 connected to TV direct via HDMI and not to soundbar directly.

Is HDMI-CEC switched on in your TV setting. Even if it is maybe turning on and off would help.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Vip Volt Gig1 with Sky Cinema and Sports UHD
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jonathanpye
Fibre optic

I'm making the assumption as you said new that soundbar is connected via ARC to the TV and tv360 connected to TV direct via HDMI and not to soundbar directly.

Is HDMI-CEC switched on in your TV setting. Even if it is maybe turning on and off would help.

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

Hi - yes the soundbar is connected via ARC to the TV with one HDMI and then another HDMI between soundbar and the 360 box. That seemed to resolve my initial problem when we got the TV and soundbar towards the end of last year which was an audio delay.

The sound set up has worked absolutely fine for about 2 months but unknowingly something has changed which means the 360 remote isn't pairing properly with the soundbar.

I'm not sure on HDMI-CEC on the TV - I'll have to see if I can find the setting.

Thanks

Ryan

One other thing , is the one remote setting in the tv360 set to on, if it is, maybe turn off and on again to see if that helps?

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile