cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pair remote with Samsung TV

jimelson
Tuning in

I am having problems with pairing my Virgin remote with my Samsung QN95A TV. I have tried million times now, searching for the QN95A model it finds it but when testing the volume buttons, it simply doesn't change it up or down. 

How can this be solved?

Many thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again jimelson,

I've moved your post to the 360 forum.

You could try both of the following.

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote. (You could also try removing the batteries and put them back in)

Then hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash. This should start the pair process as it should have done the first time you set up the 360.

Also check the the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start (Settings > System > Standby power consumption.

Press Home > Settings > Pair remote with devices  > Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions.

Also the next sub section Volume keys control >  and follow the onscreen instructions

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi jimelson,

Have you tried this method? 

Go to HOME > Help and Settings > Help > Set up Remote. 

Follow instructions there it should give you a series of codes to try. 

You can also put 0999 in place of the code and press channel up until the TV turns off, then press ok.

Also try the steps on this TV remote help link  which also shows how to reset the remote (it may already have been paired with a different make TV)

You could also try ordering a new remote https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app 

From the same page is a link so you can download and use the TV Control app as a temporary replacement remote.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I have realised that the box and remote I got are for Virgin 360. So I am not sure if the same suggestions apply to it also?

Thank you!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again jimelson,

I've moved your post to the 360 forum.

You could try both of the following.

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote. (You could also try removing the batteries and put them back in)

Then hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash. This should start the pair process as it should have done the first time you set up the 360.

Also check the the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start (Settings > System > Standby power consumption.

Press Home > Settings > Pair remote with devices  > Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions.

Also the next sub section Volume keys control >  and follow the onscreen instructions

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi Dave, thanks again! I have reset the remote but it wont re-pair back to the tv. The standby is flashing but nothing happens - I have tried multiple times now.. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Hi Dave,

I have re-started Virgin Media box and tried again. Everything has worked perfectly! I can now control my TV with the Virgin Remote!

Thanks so much for your help!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again jimelson,

Thanks for the update. Pleased to hear it's all working now.

Stay safe and take care

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks for your post and update, jimelson. Glad to hear it's worked perfectly.

Cheers,

Corey C