cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pair 360 remote

Mymother
Tuning in

My remote was working fine, controlling the Virgin box and TV. I changed the batteries in my remote when I had an on-screen message and then  found that the volume etc. controls wouldn't work. I tried pairing the remote via the on-screen instructions, including entering the TV model number etc. to no avail. I had a look and thought that the remote needed a reset, so I did that (TV + 0 for 10 seconds) , but it didn't work so I did a factory reset (TV + <<) and then TV + 0, but now it doesn't work at all with the Virgin box or, obviously, the TV. It's a Samsung TV.

HEEEEELP!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Mymother
Tuning in

Resolved now - removed remote batteries, left out for a few minutes, replaced and, hey presto!!!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Mymother 

That's a strange one, but pleased to see you managed to pair the remote again.

Removing the batteries for a few minutes is the same as pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds and will factory reset the TV 360 remote.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Randy11
Joining in

@Mymother wrote:

My remote was working fine, controlling the Virgin box and TV. I changed the batteries in my remote when I had an on-screen message and then  found that the volume etc. controls wouldn't work. I tried pairing the remote via the on-screen instructions, including entering the TV model number etc. to no avail. I had a look and thought that the remote needed a reset, so I did that (TV + 0 for 10 seconds) , but it didn't work so I did a factory reset (TV + <<) and then TV + 0, but now it doesn't work at all with the Virgin box or, obviously, the TV. It's a Samsung TV.

HEEEEELP!!!   HRBlock.com

Press Home.
Select Settings.
Select Pair remote with devices.
Select Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions.

Hi @Mymother

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our community forums! 

I'm so glad that this was resolved, I just wanted to make sure the issue hadn't reoccurred since your fix? 

Thank you.