cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCM 5.1 option not working - Virgin 360

RolloTomasi
Joining in

I've recently upgraded to V360 and the dreaded audio sync issue has reappeared.

If the audio option is set to "follow content" I have lip sync issues with my Samsung Q90R TV on HD channels. My audio is passed to an Onkyo TXNR696 AV receiver.

The audio is slightly behind the video, so cannot be adjusted by the audio delay option either on the V6 box, the TV or the receiver.

There are two other options available :

PCM 5.1 (HDMI Only)

PCM 2.0

When I select PCM 5.1 I still only get PCM 2.0 output on all the channels I've checked. For example BT sport HD broadcasts 5.1 but the box is dow mixing it to PCM 2.0 even with the 5.1 setting.

Any ideas why the PCM 5.1 option isn't working?

4 REPLIES 4

ozsat
Superstar

If you plug the 360 direct to the amp I think you'll find it will work.  Many tv sets will not passthru PCM in 5.1.

@RolloTomasi wrote:

I've recently upgraded to V360 and the dreaded audio sync issue has reappeared.

If the audio option is set to "follow content" I have lip sync issues with my Samsung Q90R TV on HD channels. My audio is passed to an Onkyo TXNR696 AV receiver.

The audio is slightly behind the video, so cannot be adjusted by the audio delay option either on the V6 box, the TV or the receiver.

There are two other options available :

PCM 5.1 (HDMI Only)

PCM 2.0

When I select PCM 5.1 I still only get PCM 2.0 output on all the channels I've checked. For example BT sport HD broadcasts 5.1 but the box is dow mixing it to PCM 2.0 even with the 5.1 setting.

Any ideas why the PCM 5.1 option isn't working?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Thanks for tip. I think I may lose some functionality if I plug the V6 box into the amp, such as use of the Samsung universal remote to control the V6 box and HDMi switching on/off  the TV, AV, box with one remote press, but I'll give it a go and report back.

You should really use 'follow content', then you'll get PCM2.0, DD2.0, DD5,1 and ATMOS - depending on what the channels is broadcasting.

Nothing uses PCM5.1 for broadcast.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @RolloTomasi 

Have things improved after following the great advice given bu @ozsat /

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali