cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of sync and distorted sound

Kane57
Joining in

I have had Virgin installed and from the start I have had issues with the sound ! The sound will always go out of sync will also get distorted or go off altogether !! 
the set up I’m using is a Sony tv with a Sony Soumd bar and subwoofer ! The problem doesn’t happen when I switch the sound bar off ! Below is what I have tried ! 

1 changed the HDMI lead, reset the router and TV box, I have tried using just the optical out to the sound bar same issue !

this is happing on both boxes and both are using a Sony sound bar ! The boxes are the new 360. 
I’ve changed the Dolby settings and also played around with the sound delay, if I change the channel and back sound is ok for a few seconds then lags ! I am also seeing the problem when I’m not using the box and using a app like Netflix, which makes me think it’s a signal issue into the house ? 
I have seen many posts regarding issues with sound and really unimpressed with Virgin at the moment ! 
Did not have any issues with sound on the Sky set up ! 
please any advice would be appreciated. 

thanks 

17 REPLIES 17

Hi Kane,

We are sorry we still haven't had a update on this yet, as soon as we do we will let you know, apologies again for any inconvemnce caused by this.

Regards

Paul.

Any news on a update ? This is now really annoying me I can bit wait till my contract is up so I can go back to sky and use my sound bars again !! Absolutely shocking experience from day one ! I 

Hi Kane, 

Hope you are well! Apologies for your poor experience. Sadly there has been no update as of yet. 

Can I ask - does this issue happen on Live TV, Recorded TV, or when using applications (EG, Netflix?)

Have you tried changing your sound settings (Setting > Audio & Video - try setting Dolby Audio to always convert)?

Let me know how you get on. All the best. 

Molly

Hi

yes the problem is with everything when the sound bar is on, on Netflix, live and recorded, it must be a signal issue. 
I’ve tried the Dolby settings but still the same, the sound will go out of sync, distorted and disappear altogether ! If the sound bar is off no issue ? This is very disappointing as I can’t use my sound bars on both TV’s. I will have no choice but to go back to sky once my contract ends. 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear this @Kane57

I'll be sure to chase this up for you with the relevant members of the team to see if there's been any updates. 

Once they get back to me, I'll pop another post on this thread. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Any update on this?  Im looking to buy a new Soundbar... do Virgin have a list of ones which are compatible? 

No update still doesn’t work and not much help from Virgin 

gonna switch back to Sky once my contract ends, it must be a internet issue in my option as it happens when I’m using Netflix on the TV app. 

Any news Virgin ?

Hi @Kane57

Sincerest apologies that there has been no update of yet. We are still chasing this up internally. 
I do appreciate your frustration, and we will get back to you as soon as we have an update. 

All the best. 

Molly