cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of sync and distorted sound

Kane57
Joining in

I have had Virgin installed and from the start I have had issues with the sound ! The sound will always go out of sync will also get distorted or go off altogether !! 
the set up I’m using is a Sony tv with a Sony Soumd bar and subwoofer ! The problem doesn’t happen when I switch the sound bar off ! Below is what I have tried ! 

1 changed the HDMI lead, reset the router and TV box, I have tried using just the optical out to the sound bar same issue !

this is happing on both boxes and both are using a Sony sound bar ! The boxes are the new 360. 
I’ve changed the Dolby settings and also played around with the sound delay, if I change the channel and back sound is ok for a few seconds then lags ! I am also seeing the problem when I’m not using the box and using a app like Netflix, which makes me think it’s a signal issue into the house ? 
I have seen many posts regarding issues with sound and really unimpressed with Virgin at the moment ! 
Did not have any issues with sound on the Sky set up ! 
please any advice would be appreciated. 

thanks 

17 REPLIES 17

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Kane57,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting on here.

I am sorry to see this.

This does seem to be a 3rd party issue with the sound bar, as it works when then sound bar is not connected.

Please contact the manufacture of the sound bar for further assistance on this, let me know what they say.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

This is not a problem with the sound bar, when I switch to digital TV using my aerial the sound works perfect, this issue has only been present since I have had Virgin installed, and reading through other posts, Virgin are well aware of this issue ? This is happing on 2 different TV and sound bars, soon as my contract is up I will be going back to Sky so I can use both sound bars without this issue again !!

If I was aware of this issue that seems to have been around since these 360 boxes have been rolled out, I would never had joined Virgin, I have 2 Sony sound systems that’ cost over £500 and now unable to use due to this issue ? It is obviously a issue which Virgin are aware off looking at all the other threads in here ? 

kane 

Hi Kane57

Sorry again for any inconvenience this is causing you 

we are aware of this issue and our technical teams are currently working on a resolution, once there is a fix we will send a software update to resolve the issue.

Gareth_L:

Having the same problem only the last couple of days , when is the fix due.

Thanks Gary 

Wouldn’t hold your breath mines been like this since I joined, 5 months ago ! 

Same issue here - when is the issue going to be fixed?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello, 

We are still waiting for an update on this, I am sorry for the wait and the inconvenience.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

It’s pretty poor, I’ve had this issue since I left SKy and moved to Virgin over 5 months now ? It’s so annoying trying to watch something that is always out of sink or distorted, I had to turn off both my Sony sound systems and just use sound from the TV, which I’m sure you can appreciate is not acceptable! Do you know what is causing the issue ? What sort of time frame is there likely to be a fix ? If not I may need to look at terminating my contract and moving back to sky ! 
regards

kane