cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orphan program in watchlist

Disenchantedm00
Tuning in

I've recently "upgraded" (lol) my v6 box to TV 360.

Firstly, very disappointed that most if not all complaints about the 360 made last year even it was first rolled out are still there. Obviously, Virgin really takes customer feedback seriously. (not)

Anyway I've had several problems with it since I got it last week and am now actively considering cancelling and going elsewhere.

The latest problem is a program in my watchlist. Actually it WAS there but isn't now. The title is there, but no icon, just the words "not available". I can't play it, or delete it, nothing happens when I try either.

The program is still available, I've found it and started watching and it has appeared in the "continue watching" tab, but I can't add the series to the watchlist. I've tried using the TVGO app, and whilst it says the series is added to the watchlist, it isn't.

I've turned the box off at the mains and "factory reset" to no avail.

I shouldn't have this problem and it's really making the decision to leave for me.

I hope someone has a solution.

6 REPLIES 6

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @Disenchantedm00, and I'm terribly sorry to hear of your disappointment with our services - and in particular the 360 Box.

There doesn't appear to be anything flagging on our side that would show a fault on the box. 

Has this been resolved since your post or is this still on going?

Can you tell me which TV programme this is and if future recordings can be made manually? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi yes, problem still there.

The program is "box 21" foreign language, Walter Presents, I think. Its only available to stream, so it can't be recorded at all. It's still there to stream so nothing wrong with availability, it's just my box.

Think I'll probably phone on Monday and cancel, they can have the thing back, it's just one thing after another - freezing picture, continually changing audio delay, picture stuttering, box refusing to reboot, its just a mess, and only since the so called it upgrade. Wish I hadn't bothered. It's given me nothing I didn't have with the v6 (except problems) and a "vote act in vain reroute",  sorry, that should be "voice activated remote".

The only reason I agreed to the "upgrade" was because I thought I'd get uhd content... Which I can of I pay extra (which I can't afford) and I learn from this site that I could have got uhd with the v6 if I paid extra.

The 360 is just more trouble than is worth.

Hi Disenchantedm00, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and we're really sorry you feel that way. 

We will certainly pass on your feedback regarding the 360 box as we're always looking at ways to improve the services. 

With streaming programmes, there are occasions where even though the content has loaded, it doesn't work so it may be with the stream itself and not necessarily your box. I've checked this at our end and the stream is working so we can look further into this for you.

Do you find you have the issue with any other programmes to or is it just this one? 

Checking the box as a whole, all signal levels are where they need to be. The hard drive status is good too and there isn't anything to suggest an issue with the box itself. 

Can you try doing a factory reset on the box to see if this helps to resolve things. You are offered two choices when resetting the 360. Settings > System> Factory Reset >

• First option - Keep recordings - Select this one

This is not a complete factory reset so you won't lose your recordings, however you will need to sign into apps such as  Netflix, Prime, iPlayer and ITV Hub again.

• Second Option - Format disk ( selecting this one will delete everything including recordings,  planned recordings and profiles)

The first option should be sufficient for now. Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You probably won't want to hear this, but there's a couple of points here that - as much for the benefit of others reading this - are worth mentioning.

@Disenchantedm00 wrote:

Think I'll probably phone on Monday and cancel, they can have the thing back,

The only reason I agreed to the "upgrade" was because I thought I'd get uhd content... Which I can of I pay extra (which I can't afford) and I learn from this site that I could have got uhd with the v6 if I paid extra.

1: Cancelling your 360 - you can't. Whilst you get 14days "change of mind" cooling-off with a package change, the migration from TiVo/V6 > 360 is a one-way trip and cannot be reverted. So the best you can hope for is to cancel the package change, and if that puts your account back in an "out-of-contract" situation, then you can disconnect whatever VM services you don't want anymore. But it still won't get you a TiVo/V6 back if that's what you're hoping for - and remember 360 is VM's alternative to Sky Q

2: UHD - both the V6 & 360 boxes are capable of UHD, this is a package issue and entirely independent of which box you have. The only limitation with UHD is that the older TiVo-box doesn't support it. TiVo & V6 boxes both run the same software, but are very different beasts hardware-wise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath

As I said in my first post

"I've turned the box off at the mains and "factory reset" to no avail."

I don't see the point in doing it again.

As for the stream being available, I did also say that

" The program is still available, I've found it and started watching and it has appeared in the "continue watching" tab"

Since my first post, it's happened to 2 more programs, both still available to stream, and watchable on my box. The only difference is that with one of them, I was able to add it to my watch list so with that one, I have a dead icon that can't be removed but does nothing, and a working icon that plays. The watchlist is starting to get confusing.

I'm perfectly willing to walk away from virgin completely. The corrupted watchlist is just one issue and it's no consolation that no fault can be detected and everything is "normal". I've been in this situation before, a while ago, my v6 box froze completely, there were no service issues, and everything with the box was "normal", everything was fine except the box wouldn't work! Some hours later the box unfroze. I had the same issue with the 360 last week.

Japitt, thanks for your comments but you haven't told me anything I don't now know. In fact, you've repeated some of what I said.

Regardless of what devotees and fans may say about the 360 being virgins version of someone else's technology, that's completely irrelevant. Regardless of what it is, it's virgins technology NOT their rivals and its rediculous to even hint, or suggest that customers of the 2 technologies will suffer from the same problems.

If it's not possible to get a replacement v6, then I think its best if I go elsewhere, I'm certainly not prepared to continue to suffer continual audio slippage, freezing pictures and all the other problems, that make programs unwatchable and the technology a frustrating experience.

Thank you for that information Disenchantedm00.

We would like to assist further with this and so what I will do is private message you so we can look into this further. 

^Martin