cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange light on tv box and won’t switch on

Jennie22
Tuning in

Tv box will not switch on. Constantly on standby even after turning off and leaving for 20 seconds. 

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

Hi Jennie22,

Just to clarify thing's how are you turning the box off and then turning on again. The box when in standby has a red light. If you are turning it off with the switch on the back of the box it will take a few minutes to start up.

Hi, 

Yes we turned the box off both at the wall and at the back of the box. The light on the box isn’t changing from orange at all. It isn’t turning to red and the tv box won’t turn on at all. 

Jennie 

Hi Jennie,

I am assuming you only have turned everything off like this because of your problem, and you don't do it every night. When turning the 360 back on do you get a welcome screen displayed on the TV. Make sure the TV is set to the correct input for the 360. The light on the 360 should change from red to amber when starting up and can stay there for a few minutes, seems longer when you are watching, the light should then turn white when the box has restarted, if it goes back to red press the power button on the remote.

Really need to know if you get any start up message before the box light stays on amber, or an error code.

No we don’t do this every night. Earlier this evening playback wasn’t working so I turned it off to see if a reboot would help. Then it didn’t come back on. We get a welcome message but then nothing changes. The light stays amber, no red or white lights appear. 

Jennie

Sounds like you have a faulty box, you will need to phone Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait for a forum team member to pick this up which maybe a couple of days.

Hi there @Jennie22

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you here!

I am so sorry to hear you have faced this issue with your Set Top Box and thank you so much to @roy247 for their help and guidance on this! 

Can I ask if you have been able to speak to the teams as advised? If so what have they said? 

Thank you. 

Hi, 

yes I spoke to virgin on Saturday morning and they referred me to a technician who called Saturday afternoon. After many more switch on and switch off’s they decided the box was faulty and a new box should be arriving today. 

Thanks

Jennie