cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oomph bundle getting charged for sky ultra hd

Killie109
Joining in

Says on virgin website free for existing customers but they want to Bill you 6 pounds a mont extra

53 REPLIES 53

@Treble1 wrote:

@jonathanpye wrote:

@golden86 wrote:

@Treble1 wrote:

Right I think I’m sorted now just redone my contract for another 18 months ultimate oomph 1gb and uhd movies £84.99 unlit June 22 then £96 for the last 6 months hub 4 coming on Friday £35 activation fee

That's very good rate considering new user for UO is currently £89 and that's only with 600mb. 

So, I just phoned retentions and was informed best discounted price for existing customers on 1Gb ultimate oomph is £111 and with UHD at an additional £6 then I'm getting the lowest deal at £117 for existing customers. I quoted trebles price and was told that's only new customer deals, I have the best existing customer deal and there are no additional discounts. Contract ends in Jan 2022 so we will see if there is a change in stance when I'm out of contract.

I was upgrading from 600mb but not a new customer I got my £40 goodwill gesture added so for me now just need 4K sky sports and I’m happy 

Interesting you clarified you were upgrading as I assumed that was the case. I specified that upgraded customers were getting substantially bigger discounts and I was informed on the call that these are only brand new customer discounts NOT existing customer upgrade discounts and that an existing customer discount upgraded would be £111plus UHD movies at £6 , the sMe as my discount. So it transpires this isn't the case and I'm being incorrectly informed.

Will follow up further with retentions and see what happens this time.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Vip Volt Gig1 with Sky Cinema and Sports UHD
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps it should be renamed the ‘Ultimate Oops’ bundle 🤦‍

@jonathanpye wrote:

@Treble1 wrote:

@jonathanpye wrote:

@golden86 wrote:

@Treble1 wrote:

Right I think I’m sorted now just redone my contract for another 18 months ultimate oomph 1gb and uhd movies £84.99 unlit June 22 then £96 for the last 6 months hub 4 coming on Friday £35 activation fee

That's very good rate considering new user for UO is currently £89 and that's only with 600mb. 

So, I just phoned retentions and was informed best discounted price for existing customers on 1Gb ultimate oomph is £111 and with UHD at an additional £6 then I'm getting the lowest deal at £117 for existing customers. I quoted trebles price and was told that's only new customer deals, I have the best existing customer deal and there are no additional discounts. Contract ends in Jan 2022 so we will see if there is a change in stance when I'm out of contract.

I was upgrading from 600mb but not a new customer I got my £40 goodwill gesture added so for me now just need 4K sky sports and I’m happy 

Interesting you clarified you were upgrading as I assumed that was the case. I specified that upgraded customers were getting substantially bigger discounts and I was informed on the call that these are only brand new customer discounts NOT existing customer upgrade discounts and that an existing customer discount upgraded would be £111plus UHD movies at £6 , the sMe as my discount. So it transpires this isn't the case and I'm being incorrectly informed.

Will follow up further with retentions and see what happens this time.

I've found it depends who you speak to on the day too

Renewal conversation to start soon. Now we will see if I extend my 20 years as a customer or go to sky..

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Vip Volt Gig1 with Sky Cinema and Sports UHD
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile