cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oomph bundle getting charged for sky ultra hd

Killie109
Joining in

Says on virgin website free for existing customers but they want to Bill you 6 pounds a mont extra

53 REPLIES 53

@TALON1973 wrote:

Possible new gripe….. As a ultimate oomph customer , I’ve just had an email to say 1gb speed is now available in my area.  Do I get that free? As they did the 500-600 mb speed upgrade .

You don't get 1gb for free, I think my package went up £10 when I jumped from standard 500mb oomph to 1gb oomph, paying £119 a month from £109. When I added UHD it went down to £117. I think this seems to be a common discounted monthly price . I think the retentions team also have less room for discounts in the 1 gb package as I struggle to renegotiate lower prices. So I guess the size of the increase will be based on how much discount they can give you with 1gb, compared to your current discounted price, but it won't be free!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Vip Volt Gig1 with Sky Cinema and Sports UHD
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

I pay £72.99 for ultimate oomph just been quoted £101 for the 1gb upgrade and uhd movies ,new 18 month contract I have 10 Months on my remaining contract £35 hub 4 fee mmm not sure 

@Treble1 wrote:

I pay £72.99 for ultimate oomph just been quoted £101 for the 1gb upgrade and uhd movies ,new 18 month contract I have 10 Months on my remaining contract £35 hub 4 fee mmm not sure 

Now I would say that's reasonable for the 1GB with UHD on an 18 month contract but its a significant increase to the exceptional value your getting now.

UHD is not a massive improvement in cinema than HD. UhD does not include sky sports. UhD is £6 more. 1GB not a significant difference over 600mb standard oomph if a standard user. I went 1GB primarily to get the Hub4.

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

Been quoted an extra £30 per month and £35 upgrade fee to upgrade from 600mb on the ultimate oomph package this would take my bill upto £135 per month, think I'll pass for now it's quite a jump might get offered a better deal once my contact runs out

@Treble1 wrote:

That’s an amazing deal for UO. How did you manage to get that?

roy247
Community elder

@Treble1 wrote:

Have you been told how much your renewal will be before you have any renegotiation's, it does sound like a good deal are they basically giving you the hub 4 for free.

oswaldp
On our wavelength

Had an email from Virgin today (unsolicited) to inform me I will no longer be charged extra for Sky UHD content on ultimate oomph package and my monthly bill will reduce by £6.

Virgin have finally realised what a PR nightmare this has been for them and the erosion of customer goodwill. Still, we’re a fickle bunch and I will probably have forgotten about it by the time my contract’s up for renewal.

I'm looking at the Virgin website and if you are a new customer and 1 gig is available when you initially order then it appears there is no extra charge from 500/600mb broadband but if you are an existing customer then the extra charge for 1 gig kicks in why? Such a poor company when it comes existing customers just like the extra charge for sky cinema uhd if you are already an ultimate oomph customer!

@Koolmacher wrote:

I'm looking at the Virgin website and if you are a new customer and 1 gig is available when you initially order then it appears there is no extra charge from 500/600mb broadband but if you are an existing customer then the extra charge for 1 gig kicks in why? Such a poor company when it comes existing customers just like the extra charge for sky cinema uhd if you are already an ultimate oomph customer!

Yes, I agree with that observation. I too looked at the broadband deals today for comparison and it seems 600mb at £65 is the same price as 1GB?

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

It was last year Black Friday deal plus £200 bill credit and £135 Quidco which hopefully will get paid this month