cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Demand - wrong episode for Season 3 of "The Good Doctor".

lsuk
Tuning in

Thought I'd raise this on the community as I don't fancy waiting an hour on live chat or calling VM support...

Found a strange issue with On Demand - on my 360 box. For the boxset 'The Good Doctor'; series 3 episode 11 (titled "Fractured") is incorrect and is in fact series 3 episode 19 ("Hurt"). The real episode 11 appears to be missing completely. Check the start of both episodes and you'll see they're the same. It's definitely the correct episode 19 but episode 11 is definitely wrong.

Expecting slightly better from VM...

Luckily I have access to Sky On Demand though, thought it's worth raising for somebody to fix. Hopefully a VIP or some community manager sees this and puts it right for future customers as this could be very confusing and ruin the storyline.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm using a V6, but the underlying VoD platform is the same, so...

I can't replicate this. S3 E11 (in SD & HD) plays one episode, S3 E19 (in SD & HD) plays another one. The SD & HD versions correlate, but E11 & E19 are different.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've tested on my 360 from the search menu, and via box sets, UHD, and also via Sky Witness, confirm the findings of lsuk are the same on my old V6 which was upgraded to 360 and is currently on version 4.31. No difference after rebooting set top box. Teesside area in case that helps narrow it down.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm using a V6, but the underlying VoD platform is the same, so...

I can't replicate this. S3 E11 (in SD & HD) plays one episode, S3 E19 (in SD & HD) plays another one. The SD & HD versions correlate, but E11 & E19 are different.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi japitts,

Thanks for trying, even stranger then.

I've tried via the TV Go app and it's all correct, but when pushing (the correct ep 11) to the box it then plays the incorrect episode. 

Hopefully just a glitch for me then but still, it's definitely happening for me. Very strange. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How about if you find the episode using the 360 menus alone?

You've mentioned it going wrong when you add the episode to the 360 watchlist using the TV Go app - that's the functionality where 360 & TiVo/V6 differ.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've tested on my 360 from the search menu, and via box sets, UHD, and also via Sky Witness, confirm the findings of lsuk are the same on my old V6 which was upgraded to 360 and is currently on version 4.31. No difference after rebooting set top box. Teesside area in case that helps narrow it down.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave (newapollo) for confirming it's the same issue for you. Glad to hear it's not just me then! I'm other side of the country (Norfolk) so perhaps not a local issue?!

japitts - have tried all possible approaches to it - voice search, through Sky Witness, through keyboard search etc. 

So this seems to occur only on the 360 boxes. Mine has been a 360 since-new and is also running version 4.31. (works fine on TV Go on phone and on V6)

Hopefully a content admin can get this investigated.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've also tried using TV Go, which replicates the V6 findings. If anything, I'd expect that to follow what you're saying about the 360, given the closer integration.

I'll raise this with the staff team anyway, there's clearly something awry.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @lsuk,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that this issue has occurred!

Thank you to @newapollo and @japitts for testing this further and finding the same issue has occurred.

I have raised this with our Moderators to look into a little further.

I will update you on this issue within this following week, to see if we can have this issue resolved.

Please keep me updated about any other issues that may occur with this.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI @Paulina_Z - this was raised as a fault by Dan last Friday.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @japitts,

Thanks for getting back to me about this issue. 

I have been in touch with Dan about this, and we're hoping to have a little more information about this issue over the coming week. 

I will update this thread when I have more information.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs