cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Demand - How far back?

Stuielooie
Settling in

Hi,

I currently have a Sky Q box, and we can get TV serieses built straight in to the box, no need for going to a catchup interface. Infact Sky does not have the 4 on demand app, yet it has all 10+ serieses of Taskmaster. 

Is this something that is available on Virgin? Do they have a back catalogue of TV serieses available? 

My main concern is for being able to go back and watch all the back catalogue of TV serieses, as I know on some of the apps like iplayer/itvplayer these can be removed after a certain amount of time.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, you have 2 methods for using OnDemand with VM - and Sky is probably similar. You have the streaming apps - VM's TV boxes provide access to these, but they're ultimately provided (and supported by) the broadcaster in question.

VM's in-house OnDemand system is fully integrated with the EPG/user-interface ecosystem, which I presume is what you mean by "built straight into the box".

For all BBC content, VM use the iPlayer app, but for other broadcasters there is a vast amount of overlap between the apps and VM's in-house VoD.

Back catalogues fall under the "Box-set" banner, and whilst content does vary (probably the same with Sky), there are many complete past series available at a given time. I've just checked Taskmaster on my V6, and S3, 4, 10 & 11 are currently available as complete boxsets.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, you have 2 methods for using OnDemand with VM - and Sky is probably similar. You have the streaming apps - VM's TV boxes provide access to these, but they're ultimately provided (and supported by) the broadcaster in question.

VM's in-house OnDemand system is fully integrated with the EPG/user-interface ecosystem, which I presume is what you mean by "built straight into the box".

For all BBC content, VM use the iPlayer app, but for other broadcasters there is a vast amount of overlap between the apps and VM's in-house VoD.

Back catalogues fall under the "Box-set" banner, and whilst content does vary (probably the same with Sky), there are many complete past series available at a given time. I've just checked Taskmaster on my V6, and S3, 4, 10 & 11 are currently available as complete boxsets.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for the quick reply, very helpful.

Is there anywhere I can find a list of those back catalogues that fall under the VM in house VoD?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You may be able to get into https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com and browse without needing to login.

Strictly speaking, this is the "TV Go" platform which is VM's "stream away from home" rather than watching on your TV box - but it should give a pretty good idea.