cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay first issue to report Battery Drain Voice Feature

Caligulacabbage
Dialled in

Wow I have noticed that the four batteries reqd in the 360 remote drain quickly (yes I did replace them for branded ones ) when using Voice feature anyone else experiencing this or do I have either a) faulty remote or b) counterfeit batteries bought from my local supermarket ?????

15 REPLIES 15

rachpid
Tuning in

We’ve just had this. The remote wouldn’t control the virgin box but was working for the tv. Have just changed out the batteries and it’s all fine now. Put the old batteries in a light we have and they still work fine. We upgraded two weeks ago and have used the voice feature quite a lot. 

I have still not had to change batteries in both remotes and use voice control all through the day 

Okay so mentioned this in December 2020 changed them for those cheap batteries the ones you get in home and bargains and I got 5 months out of them . The message flashed on screen giving me warning got about another week then the remote died . I don’t think that’s to bad .

I think i might do what another contributor mentioned use rechargeables 

im hoping that in further updates of the software of 360 we get to see a battery level field in the diagnostics section . If there is one i apologise I haven’t checked the settings since the last update . 

Virginmedia tv is like marmite you either love it or loathe it they have all these wonderful ideas and functions and a new interface for the virgin tv but IMO just that little bit behind their competitor . We now have SKY UHD but not for Sky sports we have now been converted to 360 from v6 but now we have no remote control app for the 360 the virgin remote app on the both app stores only works for the v6 these are only just a few examples …… 

@Caligulacabbage wrote:

Virginmedia tv is like marmite you either love it or loathe it they have all these wonderful ideas and functions and a new interface for the virgin tv but IMO just that little bit behind their competitor . We now have SKY UHD but not for Sky sports we have now been converted to 360 from v6 but now we have no remote control app for the 360 the virgin remote app on the both app stores only works for the v6 these are only just a few examples …… 

The TV control app doesn't work with the 360 you need to download the TV GO app.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The remote works OK with just 2 batteries instead of using 4.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Caligulacabbage

Thanks for posting on the community forum!

I appreciate all of your feedback given here and I will ensure this is passed to the team.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs